Cabela's Rodgers Customer Service - Grade "F"

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Re: Cabela's Rodgers Customer Service - Grade "F"

Postby Baderick on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:11 pm

Funny thing is in Lakeville, I have 2 choices bad service at GM, or bad service for 30% less at FF. But seriously am standing in line behind a bunch of other guys and one of the clerks at GM goes on break leaving one lane and 5 people waiting. Then a week later, I am standing behind 2 other guys at FF wanting to pick up some 9mm from behind the counter and the 2nd clerk goes to lunch. Don't know but I think there is some box store service cartel going on.

Oh well going to BVP tomorrow to find out if my P95 can eat steel.
Baderick

Postby ianmw on Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:19 pm

ive personaly done more shopping at cabelas than any other closer retailer. i mean a TON of purcheses. their customer service is great UNTIL you get to the gun counter.i swear some of the employees(almost all middle age to senior cit.) have some sort of prejudice against anyone who isnt in waders or full cammo. i can run in for something i know i wont be able to find on my own in any sort of timely fashion, and service poeple walk past me 2-3 times before asking in the most dis-interested way if they can help me find something. and then i usually get pawned off to one of the guys who was standing around doing nothing but still to busy to help me in the first place. its unacceptable for some one like me who has spent a small fortune (in one trip mind you!) in that place.it doesnt matter how many people are in line to looke at pistols, only two guys are helping people while another three walk back and fourth trying to look busy.unreal
ianmw

Postby grousemaster on Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:31 pm

I've had almost the exact same experience as Shipyard, if it wasn't a great value and if I didn't have gift cards to blow I would have told them to pound sand and walked out.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby gyrfalcon on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:01 am

ianmw wrote:ive personaly done more shopping at cabelas than any other closer retailer. i mean a TON of purcheses. their customer service is great UNTIL you get to the gun counter.i swear some of the employees(almost all middle age to senior cit.) have some sort of prejudice against anyone who isnt in waders or full cammo....it doesnt matter how many people are in line to looke at pistols, only two guys are helping people while another three walk back and fourth trying to look busy.unreal

I grabbed a ticket at the Rodgers Cabelas gun counter and watched them basically stand around while someone just looked at pistols. Anyhow a guy finally wonders down to use the computer at the end of the counter so I walk up to him with with a flyer and ask if I can see the black powder pistol they have on sale (which is directly behind him). He looks at me like I'm insulting him then asks "DO YOU HAVE A TICKET?" and I said yes... He walks away and goes all the way to the other end of the gun counter, then back to the middle, looks at a different computer then presses the button to change to my ticket number. I wave at him and he wonders all the way back down to where I'm standing and asks how he can help me. I told him "if it's not too much work for you, can you hand me THAT box?" and I point to the 1860 Army... :evil:

I'm glad they don't keep reloading powder and primers behind the gun counter anymore.
"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
gyrfalcon

Postby Snowgun on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:59 am

ianmw wrote:ive personaly done more shopping at cabelas than any other closer retailer. i mean a TON of purcheses. their customer service is great UNTIL you get to the gun counter.i swear some of the employees(almost all middle age to senior cit.) have some sort of prejudice against anyone who isnt in waders or full cammo. i can run in for something i know i wont be able to find on my own in any sort of timely fashion, and service poeple walk past me 2-3 times before asking in the most dis-interested way if they can help me find something. and then i usually get pawned off to one of the guys who was standing around doing nothing but still to busy to help me in the first place. its unacceptable for some one like me who has spent a small fortune (in one trip mind you!) in that place.it doesnt matter how many people are in line to looke at pistols, only two guys are helping people while another three walk back and fourth trying to look busy.unreal

DAMMIT MAN, will you quit Necrobumping! If the last post is a month old and you didn't start it... LEAVE IT ALONE.
Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price. - Sun Tzu

The Way is in training... Do nothing which is not of value. - Miyamato Musashi

One who knows the Self puts death to death. - Upanishads
Snowgun
Events Coordinator

Postby Axelion on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:50 pm

It depends when you go... Better service on the weekend when their experienced/knowledgeable crew is working. I love the place....where else can you guns on layaway!
Location = East Bethel.
Axelion

Postby justaguy on Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:07 pm

With the power of the interweb you dont need people at gun counters.
WWTNSTKBLD
(What Would The Navy SEALs That Killed Bin Laden Do)
justaguy

Postby Rodentman on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:13 pm

«Funny thing is in Lakeville, I have 2 choices bad service at GM, or bad service for 30% less at FF...»

What about J&S?
Rodentman

Postby Seismic Sam on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:02 am

Shippy, it's not the people at Cabela's - It's your Night Train breath!! :P
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Shipyard on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:36 am

Seismic Sam wrote:Shippy, it's not the people at Cabela's - It's your Night Train breath!! :P

this is the worst kind of discrimination - the kind against ME! :x
i do what i can, where i'm needed, and i ask so little in return. i'm a true humanitarian fueled by rainbows and whiskey. you should be so lucky to know me...

Shipyard wrote:no kidding. that guy gets banned from here more than i quit this place :lol:
Shipyard

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:44 am

I have noticed every time I go to Cabela's that the gun counter service is crappy too. Never bought a gun from them and after reading this I don't think I will. I'll just keep ordering things though the mail. Never had a problem with that...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Re: Cabela's Rodgers Customer Service - Grade

Postby justaguy on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:17 pm

PHATSPEED7x wrote:I have noticed every time I go to Cabela's that the gun counter service is crappy too. Never bought a gun from them and after reading this I don't think I will. I'll just keep ordering things though the mail. Never had a problem with that...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Good idea.
WWTNSTKBLD
justaguy

Postby justaguy on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:19 pm

Rodentman wrote:«Funny thing is in Lakeville, I have 2 choices bad service at GM, or bad service for 30% less at FF...»

What about J&S?

J&S might be worse than Bills.
WWTNSTKBLD
justaguy

Postby Rodentman on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:39 pm

I have a little dispute going on right now with the aforementioned Lakeville establishment. I'm not sure how much I should post about it, or what good would come of it.

I plan to go there tonight or tomorrow to try to get a resolution. I do not have high hopes. If I lose I'm out 3 bills but they will never see my ugly mug again. I'm getting aggravated just thinking about it.
Rodentman

Postby 2in2out on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:46 pm

The Owatonna store has been very, very good to me. The only thing I haven't done is try to buy a gun there, but they have improved the entire customer experience significantly in the last year. The worst part was always getting through the checkout lines, and now I rarely wait.

As far as the gun counter, my better half and I were just there last Saturday night for a little "date". Looking at various guns, we kept the sales rep's attention for 30-45 minutes. He gave us a bunch of guns to look at, answered all of our questions, and at no time did he seem to get tired of it.

I may have had a different experience 2-3 years ago, but that's how it was last weekend.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

PreviousNext

Return to Reviews