Cabela's Rodgers Customer Service - Grade "F"

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Re: Cabela's Rodgers Customer Service - Grade "F"

Postby davehk on Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:19 pm

When I purchased my Glock with factory night sights from Cabela's Rogers, two older gentlemen helped me on a price match from GanderMountain . The one was a total prick (he looked like Kernel Sanders) , he had called GM to verify the price and said that there was no way they can match it because it was below cost and he also gave me an ear full of excuses.... I was just at GM that same day and saw the price with my own eyes... So whatever I'm going to buy it anyways... Me and a buddy bull$hitted with the other counterman for about and hour and finally purchase my Glock with factory night sights and my buddy's XDM. When leaving the store I didn't even notice (because we were having way too much fun BS'ing with the salesman) but they charged me $746.89 after taxes. I remembered clearly that it was labeled $650.00 +tax in the display case.. I called back and talked to customer service at firearms and they said "Oh sorry but that was miss priced and it was last weeks sale price." I was like you M*ther F*ckers! (in my mind) but I played it off cool and was like okay you guys wanna play games, let's play games then. Next day I called Cabela's in the morning and ask to speak to the General Manager. They connect me to a floor manager. I told him my situation VERY politely and he was like "if that's what it said in the case, then that's the price your going to get ." He apologize, took down my number and said he will get the difference figured out and call me back. 4 hours later and nothing.. I said to myself, screw this waiting game.. Called firearms and spoke to a young lady and told her I will not wait for anyone to call me back nor be on hold.. She was like okay just wait while I walk up there and we can get this taken care of. Got the difference refunded and now I'm happy :D I've been in the retail business for 9 years now.. I know all the in's and out's that people play to get there way. So I went ahead and took advantage of that. Always be polite and speak to the head honcho. If being polite doesn't work, slowly work your way up to be a total jackass.. ;)
Last edited by davehk on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davehk

Postby IDPA Shooter on Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:55 pm

davehk wrote:When I purchased my Glock from Cabela's Rogers, two older gentlemen helped me on a price match from GanderMountain . The one was a total prick (he looked like Kernel Sanders) , he had called GM to verify the price and said that there was no way they can match it because it was below cost and he also gave me an ear full of excuses.... I was just at GM that same day and saw the price with my own eyes... So whatever I'm going to buy it anyways... Me and a buddy bull$hitted with the other counterman for about and hour and finally purchase my Glock and my buddy's XDM. When leaving the store I didn't even notice (because we were having way too much fun BS'ing with the salesman) but they charged me $746.89 after taxes. I remembered clearly that it was labeled $650.00 +tax in the display case.. I called back and talked to customer service at firearms and they said "Oh sorry but that was miss priced and it was last weeks sale price." I was like you M*ther F*ckers! (in my mind) but I played it off cool and was like okay you guys wanna play games, let's play games then. Next day I called Cabela's in the morning and ask to speak to the General Manager. They connect me to a floor manager. I told him my situation VERY politely and he was like "if that's what it said in the case, then that's the price your going to get ." He apologize, took down my number and said he will get the difference figured out and call me back. 4 hours later and nothing.. I said to myself, screw this waiting game.. Called firearms and spoke to a young lady and told her I will not wait for anyone to call me back nor be on hold.. She was like okay just wait while I walk up there and we can get this taken care of. Got the difference refunded and now I'm happy :D I've been in the retail business for 9 years now.. I know all the in's and out's that people play to get there way. So I went ahead and took advantage of that. Always be polite and speak to the head honcho. If being polite doesn't work, slowly work your way up to be a total jackass.. ;)

Sorry, but I have to ask, which Glock model and how was it equipped that $650 was a good price ?
Bob Jahn NRA CRSO, IDPA 5 Gunner
USCCA Certified Training Counselor
NRA Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun, Advanced Pistol Instructor
Massad Ayoob Group Instructor
Defense Training Intl (John Farnam) Instructor

http://www.rejfirearmstraining.com
IDPA Shooter

Postby 1911fan on Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Just to add my gripes, Dec 14 th I ordered several presents and had the order shipped to the Rogers store. Today several people in my family did not get their presents because the order is lost. Promised delivery to the store was Dec 19th.

Grrrrrrrrrr
1911fan

Postby davehk on Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:36 pm

IDPA Shooter wrote:
Sorry, but I have to ask, which Glock model and how was it equipped that $650 was a good price ?

It was a G36 with night sights
davehk

Postby 1911fan on Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:35 am

You mean, like this one?

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... s_id/73560

Which streichers has for $450?
1911fan

Postby davehk on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:39 pm

1911fan wrote:You mean, like this one?

no
davehk

Postby RobD on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:04 am

davehk wrote:
1911fan wrote:You mean, like this one?

no

:?
Political Director - MN Gun Owners Caucus/PAC
NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Reloading, RSO)
Certified Glock Armorer - Permit to Carry Instructor - Aegis Outdoors
RobD

Postby user293 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:40 am

well duh! of course its not like the one from streichers or Buds gun shop, his is from cabelas, wayyyyy different. 200 bucks worth of different. didnt ya kow? :D :bolt:
TommyMN wrote:This site is full of dicks. It's why I like it.
user293

Postby davehk on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:25 pm

I thought I mention night sights somewhere in there but I guess not.. back to the thread
davehk

Postby Ken on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:21 pm

Back on the Cabela's topic. I know their pricing errors have come up before in this thread, but I had another one a few weeks back. They had WWB 7.62mm 20rnd on sale for 11.99 but at the register it rang up for 14.99. Thankfully I didn't buy much else so I caught it. This was at the Rogers location.
Ken

Postby gyrfalcon on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:04 am

Ken wrote:Back on the Cabela's topic. I know their pricing errors have come up before in this thread...

It's also weird that the store prices are different than the website prices... I told one of the sales guys that a product was much cheaper on the website, so he looked it up. Then signed a ticket for a discount when I brought it up to the cashier. :roll: Still a better store than Gander for the most part.
"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
gyrfalcon

Postby gjlog on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:38 am

This is slightly off topic, but Wolf's Den in Hugo is worse. Each time I go there, the owner behaves as though I've stumbled into his house by accident and without an invitation. When you ask to see a firearm, he reacts as though you are asking for food off his plate. His prices aren't good either, so I'm not sure why he has all the attitude. Anyone else have similar reactions to this guy?
gjlog

Postby gyrfalcon on Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:37 pm

gjlog wrote:This is slightly off topic, but Wolf's Den in Hugo is worse. Each time I go there, the owner behaves as though I've stumbled into his house by accident and without an invitation. When you ask to see a firearm, he reacts as though you are asking for food off his plate. His prices aren't good either, so I'm not sure why he has all the attitude. Anyone else have similar reactions to this guy?

Yeah some folks are weird like that... It's like they don't want to be in the retail business, but still want to say they have a business. You'll see folks like this at gun shows too.. the ones with tables full of over priced junk that never sell stuff, but they still come to the shows to "display what they've got".
"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
gyrfalcon

Postby Heffay on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:20 am

gyrfalcon wrote:
gjlog wrote:This is slightly off topic, but Wolf's Den in Hugo is worse. Each time I go there, the owner behaves as though I've stumbled into his house by accident and without an invitation. When you ask to see a firearm, he reacts as though you are asking for food off his plate. His prices aren't good either, so I'm not sure why he has all the attitude. Anyone else have similar reactions to this guy?

Yeah some folks are weird like that... It's like they don't want to be in the retail business, but still want to say they have a business. You'll see folks like this at gun shows too.. the ones with tables full of over priced junk that never sell stuff, but they still come to the shows to "display what they've got".

Have you ever seen some of the people who buy guns? It's scary!
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby samginko on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Cabela's customer service is the worst. They do not want my business, so I nolonger give it to them.
samginko

PreviousNext

Return to Reviews