Benelli M2 Combat

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Re: Benelli M2 Combat

Postby David on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:06 pm

EJSG19 wrote: I guess if they're good enough for the Marines then that tells me enough.

I don't think the Marines use them. Something about the recoil-operated action not being right for what they do with them, which is why they like the gas operation of the M4. I haven't shot the M4 yet, but I've been meaning to see how it feels in comparison.

Apparently if you add too much ninja crap to the M1 or M2 you can create malfunctions since the inertia operation is then hindered by the extra weight. Even adding a flashlight and mount along with a shell carrier was not recommended by Benelli back when the M1 was the shiznit. When I was considering taking a shotgun course years ago they told me to leave the M1 at home and bring the 870, or use the M1 and keep it pretty much stock. Love that shotgun though! I never had those problems with it, but it wasn't kitted out with anything extra, either.
David

Postby EJSG19 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:16 am

David wrote:
EJSG19 wrote: I guess if they're good enough for the Marines then that tells me enough.

I don't think the Marines use them. Something about the recoil-operated action not being right for what they do with them, which is why they like the gas operation of the M4. I haven't shot the M4 yet, but I've been meaning to see how it feels in comparison.

Apparently if you add too much ninja crap to the M1 or M2 you can create malfunctions since the inertia operation is then hindered by the extra weight. Even adding a flashlight and mount along with a shell carrier was not recommended by Benelli back when the M1 was the shiznit. When I was considering taking a shotgun course years ago they told me to leave the M1 at home and bring the 870, or use the M1 and keep it pretty much stock. Love that shotgun though! I never had those problems with it, but it wasn't kitted out with anything extra, either.

I think you are right on that one. Benelli's website doesn't load right on this puter, I can only see bits and pieces of the text, the rest is covered up by logos and things.

I wouldn't have ever guessed about the rest being the case though. Very interesting.
EJSG19

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt."
EJSG19

Postby Pinnacle on Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:52 am

Benelli M4 is in the USMC Inventory.
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Previous

Return to Reviews