Marlin 795 with Tech Sights

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Marlin 795 with Tech Sights

Postby goalie on Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:22 pm

So, I bought one for a hundred bucks a while ago (Cabela's has them for 100 right now on sale) to set up as an iron-sighted plinker, mainly because the tech-sight installation was easy, extra 10-round magazines were cheap, and the sling swivel studs came attached to the synthetic stock, making it sling-ready out-of-the-box.

I finally took it out to the range today while doing some practicing with my deer-gun (Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 mag) for the upcoming season. I ran a few hundred round of Remington golden bullets through it with no malfunctions at all. The tech sights give a nice service-rifle sight picture, but I may drill out the peep a tiny bit, as I am getting old and my eyes are not what they used to be.

It would shoot a magazine of 10 rounds into an inch rapid fire at 25 yards with the iron sights. It did a little better off sandbags and slow, but I only shot a few groups like that to get the tech-sights adjusted.

CONS:

Trigger: not too bad actually. A little heavier than I would like, but not a lot of creep and not too gritty.
Magazine release: A little annoying to use if in a sling and prone, but better than a stock 10/22. I do like the bolt hold-open feature as well.
Stock: A little flimsy to really torque on with a sling shooting from positions. I could use a sling, but I couldn't REALLY use it without changing POI, likely due to bending the stock into the barrel. Of course, they free-float AR barrels for the same reason shooting highpower, so I don't know what you can expect from a 4.5 pound rifle....

PROS:

Reliable: Zero malfunctions. I did clean it before shooting it. I was using cheap bulk ammo not exactly noted for reliability and accuracy.
Accuracy: While shooting my scoped CZ 452 immediately after reminded me what "tack driver" means, it shot bulk ammo into decent groups, which is what I wanted for training with irons.
Cost: For a hundred bucks, I am set up for cheap training.
Sling Swivel Studs: I shoot with a sling, and it was nice to have them already installed, ready for me to put a sling on it.
Tech-Sight availability/installation: The tech-sights make this rifle. They took 5 minutes to put on, including removing the old sights. The sight picture is just like shooting a Garand, but weighing 4.5 pounds and not kicking.

I also tried out a "new" sling with this rifle. I may do a review on that in the near future after some more testing on a real rifle, but it has a no-no word in it's name, so we'll see......
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Re: Marlin 795 with Tech Sights

Postby Boombutton on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:08 pm

I love my 795!
Boombutton

Postby lily2012 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:49 am

Lumbridge to many rooster group and so you need to use their very own promote duck straight down and find an adequate amount to begin with the method the quest. of the very most finest Runescape techniques is always to use the expertise or perhaps advantages since much since workable to accomplish further undertake for instance inside search ore instructs.To make earnings sources excellent an individual move obliterate to be able to.
http://www.BROKEN.com/

http://www.BROKEN.com/

MOD NOTE: USER NAME & IP ADDRESS BANNED
lily2012

Postby LumberZach on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:26 pm

^^ I don't think they are talking about .22's...
LumberZach

Return to Reviews