Desantis Speed Scabbard

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Desantis Speed Scabbard

Postby FirearmFan on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:38 pm

So I've been pretty much a IWB carrier since I started carrying. The only OWB holsters I have are a Comp Tac paddle and a Blackhawk Serpa paddle which are great for competition or times when I don't mind the gun being visible but they don't offer any form of concealment b/c they put the gun out too far away from my body. I decided I wanted to try a OWB belt holster for my Sig P229 and decided on the Speed Scabbard 3 hole from Desantis. After about a week I can say that I am very happy. The only things wrong with it were that it was extremely tight and it was a little squeaky but I knew after wearing it for a while it would break in and be good to go. After wearing it a week it has broken in quite well. Retention is great, I could do a handstand and the gun wouldn't go anywhere. The 3 hole option allows me to carry with a forward cant or use the other belt hole and bring the muzzle up higher. I am impressed with how well it conceals under just a t-shirt, which was a concern of mine. I was also amazed at how much more comfortable it is to carry then IWB. I don't even mind carrying IWB but this is even more comfortable. I highly recommend Desantis. Here's a couple pictures

Concealed

FirearmFan

Re: Desantis Speed Scabbard

Postby bowfisher on Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:30 pm

Thanks for sharing your coments and the pics. Looks like a nice holster. I used to carry in a similar galco which was a quality product. I have sinced switched to one of Srigs snap holsters and don't know that I'll use much else from now on. It is a quality unit it rides nice and high. I think you can eaves ask him for a spacific cante if you'd like. It holds tight to my belt and I like that it's easy enuf to remove if I choose to with out getting undressed. He's on this sight and from metro. He makes a great product
bowfisher

Re: Desantis Speed Scabbard

Postby XD/Dale on Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:26 pm

Nice looking holster. :)
I predict future happiness for
Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the
pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson
XD/Dale

Return to Reviews