CZ P07 Duty 9mm

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

CZ P07 Duty 9mm

Postby mccandmatt on Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:11 am

Picked up a CZ P07 Duty in 9mm about a week ago and got a chance to fire it for the first time today and I have to say I was extremely impressed with it. Fits my hand perfect, fires great, damn decent accuracy (even with my crappy reloads). I've had numerous 9mm's now and have to say this is the one I like the best. I also did the decocker conversion. Took a whole 2 minutes.

Not a very detailed review but I wasn't planning on reviewing it ( tbh never thought of it) just felt like sharing my experience with it :D

Now I just have to research some upgrades for it so I can help put food on some gunsmiths table.
mccandmatt

Re: CZ P07 Duty 9mm

Postby flyhigh511 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:07 am

Glad you like it!! I can say the same thing with every CZ. Great guns.
flyhigh511

Re: CZ P07 Duty 9mm

Postby Heretical1 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:54 am

They're sweet shooters. Highly accurate for compact-sized guns. The over-sized, low-profile slide stop and decocking levers are ergonomically superior, imho. Please know that hot loads may cause the synthetic frame to bulge slightly with prolonged shooting, or from a high number of hot rounds put through the barrel. CZ's factory says this bulging is purely cosmetic, and it will not affect weapon performance. I haven't experienced this, but I stick to regular loads for faster target re-acquisition (the gun in my other hand is a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan -- I subscribe to the Ron Szpond technique). Replacing the factory-issued front sight is a do-it-yourself job if you have any high-school metal shop skill at all (see my post @ CZ 75 Fiber Optic Sights).
Heretical1

Return to Reviews