pf9 mag extnsions

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

pf9 mag extnsions

Postby ianmw on Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:27 pm

anybody here that owns a kel-tec pf9 use the slip on magazine extensions? i just bought the one rem700 had for sale and i knew i would probably like to have some due to a small amount of expierience with these. i've found several kinds but am weary of cheap plastic/rubber that will warp or get shaken loose with use. well fellas and gals, any ideas? :hmm:
ianmw

Re: pf9 mag extnsions

Postby GeekyGunman on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:15 pm

I have em on all my mags now - the retail ones from KelTec

They're not conducive to pocket carry, but they don't make any difference in concealability for IWB carriers.

The design is pretty smart, I really don't see how they could come off. They are very sturdy.
It's the same plastic as the grip, and it's pretty thick, so I don't really see it warping or anything like that.

Just make sure they seat well. In some grips the mag sits a little high and some people are dropping mags as a result.
It's usually fixed with a free replacement from KelTec, a small removal of some plastic, or grinding the mag catch a little. Just be sure you test all the mags you put the extension on before you carry them.
GeekyGunman

Postby ianmw on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:29 pm

ths was exactly the type of info i was loking for.just to be clear-as i had no idea kel-tec made their own- their kel tec brand? ill use the almighty google. :bowdown: . much oblieged geeky! i will certainly use this for my new pf. :goofydance:
ianmw

Postby ianmw on Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:13 pm

also- thinking about an armalaser laser sight.anyone had any expeirience with one on any platform, i've gotten mixed, but generally good reviews about them and its the only viable option othher than the (imho) over-priced crimson trace. and the trace for the pf9 doesnt even connect to the rail but to the trigger gaurd. sounds like it might be a little flimsy after a few mags at the range.any who- im really trying to set this baby up right and will apreciate any good advice sent my way.thanks in advance-Ian.
ianmw

Postby GeekyGunman on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:55 pm

The extension is easy enough to find on the KelTec site: http://www.keltecweapons.com/product/pf ... extension/
(With an option for just the new baseplate, or a whole mag with it.)

There are certainly folks using armalaser sights on PF-9s
http://www.thektog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=244717
You should probably join up over there also, since it's a lot larger audience specific to the gun.
(Err, also, that's the laser that's technically for the Springfield XD and is a lot less bulky than the one they have listed specifically for the PF-9.)

I don't like lasers on SD guns myself, but I really dislike the cheap look of the CT one and would probably go for the amalaser one if I ever changed my mind.
GeekyGunman

Postby ianmw on Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:27 pm

geeky- i'd kiss ya if ya wern't a man ;) . you singlehandedly gave me pretty much all the info i needed.and yeah, i've never put a laser on any of my guns but as a result of bad genetics, as i get older my sight, and especially night-sight, keeps getting worse and worse. what are 'ya gonna do though? quit shootin? :( screw that im gettin a reliable laser.anyhow thanks a million(im sure you just saved me half of one) and dont hesitate to ask sumthin' in return (no kisses though...)

thanks again-ian
ianmw

Postby Humphrey Bogart on Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:44 am

The plus one extension changes the ergonomics dramatically ....more grip on BOTH front and back of the grip WOW ....RUN DON'T WALK .
also in my experience ...the armalaser is just a second rate design compared to the CT laser-guard. the CT has a switch that will stay on as long as you need it ....I was mugged, knocked to the ground, and shot the mugger from the ground where I could not use the sights to aim. The armalaser turns itself OFF AFTER 30 SECONDS ....I would have been SOL w/ the Armalaser. Also I had a drunk approach my screen door and try it .....he got painted with the laser and and knew in his stupor he had stepped in DO-DO. I see the laser and my control of it for more than 30 seconds as Very important....It may make the actual firing of the weapon unnecessary. got mine on sale for $150.
Humphrey Bogart

Postby old guy on Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:52 am

I have a crimson trace on my P3AT and I like it just fine, I got it on line someplace for $147. In bright daylight you better have some other sights but in poor lite those things impress me.

John
old guy

Postby ianmw on Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:54 pm

wow bogey, thats a hell of a testimonial. yeah, the armalaser turns off if you dont have your finger in front of the sensor after 30 secs. already ordered it. if it does suck, im going to ct for sure. until then it looks like i saved a bunch. got it for 100$. cheaper than the home sight.and i ordered the extensions to! this baby's gonna cook! :rock: :gun:
ianmw

Return to Reviews