Boyds Gun Stock

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Boyds Gun Stock

Postby Sammichman on Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:16 pm

I ordered a lamintated Gun stock From Boyds for My savage Build,,Grey Laminate ,I heard and read the boyds stock are of nice quality and the fit and Finish are Good,,when I recieved the stock I noticed that there were red marks that looked like somebody got careless with a red marking pencil,,,I called Customer service at Boyds and described the marks and were old they were Mineral Marks,,I told them that a Black and grey Laminate stock that had red marks on it didn,t appeal to me and was told to ship the stock back and they would look at it,,,,so today i got a call from a service rep who said they were indeed mineral marks and said that the same marks would more than likely be on the replacement stock,,I decided rather than take the chance on another laminate I,d switch over to a solid Walnut stock,,which they agreed to ,I would have to say that while I was a bit unhappy with the original offering from Boyds I have confidence that the walnut stock will be worth the wait,,,and their customer service handled my problem proffesionally
Sammichman

Re: Boyds Gun Stock

Postby Sammichman on Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:55 pm

Just thought I,d post an Update,,,I recieved my replacement stock from Boyds this time in solid Walnut,,,I must say this is a Nice stock for the Money,,,the Grain of the Wood was Nice the optional Checkering was well done,,the internal Magazine fit was tight but fit after a little coaxing even though I,m changing barrels I thought I,d see if Boyds Claim to 99% drop in was true,,,which it is ,,,If your looking for a great drop in this Stock is tough to beat Cudos to Boyds
Sammichman

Postby SIGP240 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:50 pm

Good to hear about the feedback from Boyd's. My only beef with the laminated stocks is that the hardness of the wood layers varies and sanding about the pistol grip area can be iffy. The softer layers come off too fast,if they are exposed.
Proudly launching lead from a Swiss P-240 at a range near you.
SIGP240

Postby farmerj on Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:22 pm

I rather like mine. Fit and finish were good and there were no marks to be worried about. For $92, not able to ask for much more. And looking forward to bedding it soon.
savage.jpg
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby Ironsight87 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:33 am

Thanks for reviewing. I was considering a laminate to replace my synthetic Remington 700 stock, maybe now I'll just go for a solid walnut one.
Ironsight87

Postby Sammichman on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:00 pm

a Pic of my Boyds walnut with action and Barrel
Attachments
P1000619.JPG
Sammichman

Return to Reviews