SH Mini Phalanx - Double Clip Holster

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

SH Mini Phalanx - Double Clip Holster

Postby fabb600 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:35 pm

I just received my new Mini Phalanx - Double Clip holster from Shielded Holsters. I've only used it for a couple hours so far so I'll come back to this thread with a follow-up in a few weeks once I have some decent hours with it.

First of all, the order online went smooth and the product was delivered really fast. It actually arrived within a couple days. The quality seems really good. The leather is about as thick as I would want it to be. Any thicker and I'm not sure it would form to the body well. The Kydex is perfectly molded to my P238 and the retention is perfect for my liking. Really easy to draw, but it's not going anywhere on it's own. I might decide to heat the top edge and flare it out just a bit to make holstering even easier, but I'll leave it as is until I have some more time on it.

This holster can be ordered with one or two clips. After reading others reviews of similar holsters, I went with the two clips because it's supposed to help snug the pistol close the body. After comparing this double clip to my old single clip I'd have to agree. This one holds the pistol grip really tight to my side - granted the P238 doesn't stand out much to start with.

Here is the link to the product: http://www.shieldedholsters.com/inventory/item.php?id=1

p238_review_1.jpg
Side View

p238_review_2.jpg
Front View - notice nice tuck of grip to body

p238_review_3.jpg
Rear View - notice nice tuck of grip to body
fabb600

Re: SH Mini Phalanx - Double Clip Holster

Postby Scratch on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:34 pm

Nice review. Thanks for the write up.
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby gp55445 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:21 pm

I have 3 holsters from SH for 2+ years. Zero issues and awesome service.
gp55445

Postby fabb600 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:19 pm

One issue I have found after using the holster for a few weeks is the belt clips. As you can see in the last picture above, the clip flairs out quite a bit at the bottom - I'm sure to make it easier to slide over pants and belt. My problem with such a large flair of the clip is almost all the shirts I've worn to conceal the holster get caught on the edge of the clip as I'm pulling my shirt up and away from the holster to access the pistol.

I'm going to take a pair of metal shears to them, trim them down and smooth the edges with some fine sand paper and/or file.

gp55445 - do your SH holsters have the same clips or something else?
fabb600

Postby gp55445 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:08 pm

afabbrini wrote:One issue I have found after using the holster for a few weeks is the belt clips. As you can see in the last picture above, the clip flairs out quite a bit at the bottom - I'm sure to make it easier to slide over pants and belt. My problem with such a large flair of the clip is almost all the shirts I've worn to conceal the holster get caught on the edge of the clip as I'm pulling my shirt up and away from the holster to access the pistol.

I'm going to take a pair of metal shears to them, trim them down and smooth the edges with some fine sand paper and/or file.

gp55445 - do your SH holsters have the same clips or something else?

Hard to tell by those pics. If you send a close up I'll let you know. Also, I would email Kurtis as he will swap them if he has another type.
gp55445

Return to Reviews