Ruger Rocks!!!

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Ruger Rocks!!!

Postby Timmer2183 on Fri May 25, 2012 9:53 pm

I had my Ruger LC9 break a firing pin 2 weeks ago. I was shooting at the cabin and the first round went bang and the second went click. After taking the gun down, I ruled out everything but the firing pin as being the cause of the malfunction. I took it to Bills Robinsdale and they confirmed my suspension about the firing pin. They said that I'd need to send it back to Ruger, which I was reluctant to do because it is my primary carry gun, and didn't want to be with out it for a long period of time.
I called Ruger Firearms last Monday and they were very helpful and had a shipping label in my email inbox in about 5 minutes. I sent out the gun Monday and received a call from them unexpectedly on Thursday of last week saying that my LC9 arrived safe and sound and it was with a technician being fixed. I received an email this Tuesday saying that it was being shipped back to me and I could expect it on Thursday. It arrived home safe and sound. Most impressive to me though was the fact that on the packing slip, was written: "fired 42 rounds of Black Hills ammunition through pistol with customer magazine with zero malfunctions". I expected them to fire a magazine to ensure that the pistol functioned, but they went above and beyond what I expected.
The bottom line is that Ruger is a top notch company that truly takes care of their customers. I received friendly service along the way and the gun was back in my hands in far less than the 10 business days that they told me initially. If you buy a Ruger, rest assured that if something goes wrong with one of their firearms, they will take care of you. I am truly impressed by the top notch customer service that I received and that my pistol had multiple magazines of ammunition tested through it to ensure successful firing.

Just another satisfied Ruger customer.

Timmer2183
Improvise, Adapt and Overcome.
Timmer2183

Re: Ruger Rocks!!!

Postby rugersol on Sat May 26, 2012 7:34 am

I only ever had to send one back ... and that was several years ago ... no phone calls, no emails ... jest dropped it off at the dealer ... had it back in bout a week ... no cost.

I've never heard nothin that's given me reason to believe their service has ever been any different.
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Return to Reviews