Old Faithful Holsters

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Re: Old Faithful Holsters

Postby Stradawhovious on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:41 am

umnshooter wrote: also heard somewhere that if you form it without the gun first, it will create a tighter tension when the gun is in there.

I heard somewhere that if you pee on your feet you wont get athlete's foot.

I'm pretty sure whoever told me that just wanted to see if they could get me to pee on myself.

I guess, the moral of the story is this.... don't believe everything you hear. The best way to break in a holster is to get it to form to the gun. The best way get the holster to form to the gun, is to have the gun in it, whether you're wearing it or not. That is my experience after having broken in (no lie) a dozen or so holsters.

YMMV of course.
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby Shooter McGavin on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:26 pm

umnshooter wrote:Yeah i would love to, but work doesn't allow me to carry so for now, just wearing it empty. also heard somewhere that if you form it without the gun first, it will create a tighter tension when the gun is in there.

That might be true on most holsters but most are riveted so they can't be adjusted. These ones have the screws you can just tighten to adjust the tension. Much better since you can set the tension to how you want it rather than relying on things to just work out and be the right tension.
Shooter McGavin

Postby Pezhead on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:38 pm

I get all my info from the internet because it's all true.
Pezhead

Previous

Return to Reviews