My bad luck

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

My bad luck

Postby Slayer_MN1 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:30 pm

As some of you saw from my want ad in the classified section my charging handle on my AR broke while sighting in for a little coyote hunting. Well I got it replaced and just finished up dialing in my Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40, accuracy was exceptional however when I got in the house after dialing in I noticed some condensation on the inside of the scope lens and now its so fogged up inside that I can't even see through it :roll:

Figured I'd start this thread off now and follow up with a review on Burris' customer service and forever warranty as they brag themselves up quite a bit.

Stay tuned

Steve
"From time to time the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants, and patriots."

Aquitas et Veritas
Slayer_MN1

Re: My bad luck

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:44 pm

A bit negative, but my results with their "Forever Warranty" was that it took "Forever" to get any "Warranty" service from them. Go buy another scope while you are waiting.
OldmanFCSA

Postby Slayer_MN1 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:29 pm

I've got a few others that I can swap out from different rifles, just waiting on my Vortex order to come in and I won't have to worry about it
"From time to time the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants, and patriots."

Aquitas et Veritas
Slayer_MN1

Postby DonT on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:47 pm

My experience has been just the opposite of OldmanFCSA. I bought a used gun with a 2X6 burris on it and when I called them to ask how much to fix the eye piece locking ring I was told the cost would be what ever it cost me to ship it to them. Less than 10 days later I had a brand new in the box scope. I was very up front with then and told them I was not the original purchaser and it didn't matter.

About a year later the barrel on my Burris Landmark spotting scope came loose. Same drill, mailed it to them after contacting customer service and in less than 10 days had a brand new, in the box spotting scope back.

I am happy enough with the service I have purchase 2 more burris scopes on that experience alone. I am sure they have situations where they may be out of stock or something and that could back it up but so far so good.

DonT
DonT
DonT

Return to Reviews