Atomic Tactical

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Atomic Tactical

Postby MasonK on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:12 pm

I first stopped in there about a week after they opened the storefront. I had no experience with ARs, and spent most of my time looking at upgrades for my shotgun. First set of bonus points was when they stopped me from buying a muzzle brake with a new barrel which I didn't notice wasn't threaded. I wasn't paying attention, thankfully they were.

About a month later I started thinking about getting into ARs and stopped by again. These guys spend a TON of time with customers. I learned more listening to them for five minutes than in hours of watching YouTube reviews and they spent a lot more than five minutes with me. They were receptive to my newbie questions, explained everything, and physically showed me what they were talking about. After a lot of time discussing it, I had them spec out a rifle and begin the build. Then December 14th happened.

I didn't think much about the hysteria for a few days since I was buried under a mountain of work, but I finally caught on that I should stop in and buy some magazines because we didn't build that into the quote and they probably weren't set aside. Also, I had learned that Wednesday morning that Cheaper Than Dirt and other places were jacking up the prices on AR inventory. When I got there, the place was pretty much sold out of everything, but what wasn't sold out was the same price. They hadn't changed anything and were not engaging in the price gouging of the big retailers even though they knew that inventory was not going to be coming in for a while. For an operation that specializes in a product in the crosshairs of severe regulation AND mass hysteria as well as being a small shop without the buying power of a Gander, CTD, or Brownells to get product, they could have easily taken their parts and sold everything on Gunbroker for 3-4x what they were selling it for in the store. That's some integrity there.

Bottom line, that crew really knows their stuff and they are great to work with. If you are looking to get into rifles, stop by their store and check it out.
MasonK

Re: Atomic Tactical

Postby thunderoussilence on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:03 am

+1 They put a gorgeous Sammpson rail along with some minor work very reasonanably priced. Vman was a great help
thunderoussilence

Postby solidsnake556 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:58 am

Ken and his partner are A++ in my book.
solidsnake556

Postby Lunchbox on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:42 pm

solidsnake556 wrote:Ken and his partner are A++ in my book.

Haven't had the pleasure of actually meeting Ken yet. He was running around on a mission when I was done there last. But David (globalflyer or something like that) is a top notch guy. The A++ is an understatement if you ask me.
"Time is the best teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all of its students" - Robin Williams
"You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington." - Ash Williams
Lunchbox

Postby cgrant26 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:29 am

Another +1 for Ken and Atomic Tactical.

A while back I was looking for a cheap, temp FH for my AR. I mainly wanted something as a thread protector until I decided on a more expensive FH. I contacted Ken (this was before he had the store front) and asked what he had. A few days later, I got a package in the mail with an M16A1 flash hider at no cost to me. He didn't even ask for shipping. I've been to Atomic Tactical a couple other times since then for various things and Ken has always gone out of his way to take care of me. Stand-up guy and a stand-up business.
cgrant26

Postby oneunder on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:09 am

I have purchased from them, and will continue to do so.

On a Saturday, they let me have full reign of their workbench and tools to pull of a FSB. Not only did they let me use their tools, but let me work and instructed me on some things (helping and taking over where needed). Totally not necassary for them to do so...but they did.

Good guys, great prices.
oneunder

Postby JohnC on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:55 pm

Where's this place located? The website to there business is down.
Thank you.
JohnC

Postby BemidjiDweller on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:56 pm

They are located about a block north of Lyndale and 90th in Bloomington.
BemidjiDweller

Postby Synergy on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:01 am

If your into AR's these guys are great, or at least were when they were open. I really hope they can open back up when the bs blows over.
Synergy

Postby JohnC on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:02 am

BemidjiDweller wrote:They are located about a block north of Lyndale and 90th in Bloomington.

Address? East or west side of street? Are they open for walk in business? Thanks.
JohnC

Postby xd ED on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:15 am

8901 Lyndale Avenue South #102 Bloomington, MN 55420
(612) 916-2339

E side of Lyndale
Not sure what their shop hours are presently.

From their webpage:
Thank you for visiting!

Due to overwhelming supply & demand issues, we are NOT accepting new orders at this time.

We are working diligently with our vendors & manufacturers to procure a more consistent supply of critical core components.

Follow us on Facebook for more updates. Thank you!

http://www.atomictactical.com
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby xd ED on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:32 pm

Drove by today while at work. The 'OPEN' light was on.....
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby JohnC on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:49 am

xd ED wrote:Drove by today while at work. The 'OPEN' light was on.....

Thank you.
JohnC

Postby Synergy on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:27 am

That's good to here, these are good guys and I hope they can stay in business. I'll have to stop by
Synergy

Postby Grappler on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:15 pm

Their website is back up btw
Grappler

Next

Return to Reviews