Ranges at Bill's (robbinsdale and circle pines)

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Postby brewerbob on Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:03 pm

Just want to say thanks. Both places are professional and friendly. I've never had a bad experience at either place. Next year I will be dropping some Franklins for a membership. Keep up the good work.
brewerbob

Re: Ranges at Bill's (robbinsdale and circle pines)

Postby LePetomane on Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:09 pm

brewerbob, you will find the staff at the new Bill's in Hudson to be top notch as well.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby brewerbob on Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:12 pm

LePetomane wrote:brewerbob, you will find the staff at the new Bill's in Hudson to be top notch as well.

I'll probably be checking Hudson out next week. Taking my new Rossi Rio Grande 45-70. Yeehaa!
brewerbob

Postby LS3Miata on Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:50 pm

My membership expires next week, I will renew it. I shoot there a couple time a week.
A few 1911's, two crazy boxers, a fast car and a half fast driver.
LS3Miata

Postby GNCAaron on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:03 pm

Good guys at Robbinsdale. Likely true for North and East too, but I havn't been there.
GNCAaron

Postby coltpython123 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:23 pm

nice set up at Hudson really friendly and alot of inventory
coltpython123

Postby gunforhire on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:37 pm

I usually go to the birdtown one. nothing but great times had there

edit: it was effing packed there today! I didn't even get to shoot after the 1-1/2 hr drive. any of you guys there today? :P
"You're not tactical enough to view that video. Practice some rolls for a while, maybe dual wield an airsoft pistol and an Xacto knife, then try again."

~some arfcom user that deserves a beer or 8 from my fridge
gunforhire

Postby Lunchbox on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:45 pm

gunforhire wrote:I usually go to the birdtown one. nothing but great times had there

edit: it was effing packed there today! I didn't even get to shoot after the 1-1/2 hr drive. any of you guys there today? :P

Sorry about that. Was my first day on the job there. Was hoping/thinking it may die down now that the holidays are over. I was wrong about that, at least this past week.
"Time is the best teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all of its students" - Robin Williams
"You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington." - Ash Williams
Lunchbox

Postby brewerbob on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:25 am

Hit the robbinsdale range last saturday (sorry hudson ). Crowds seem to be slowly thinning. Had to wait about 20 minutes. Last few weeks has been a mad house at most ranges.
brewerbob

Postby gunforhire on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:41 am

Lunchbox wrote:
gunforhire wrote:I usually go to the birdtown one. nothing but great times had there

Sorry about that. Was my first day on the job there. Was hoping/thinking it may die down now that the holidays are over. I was wrong about that, at least this past week.

You work there too? cool! you must have been upstairs when I was talking to john about 10mm. I overheard someone starting up new when we were down there
"You're not tactical enough to view that video. Practice some rolls for a while, maybe dual wield an airsoft pistol and an Xacto knife, then try again."

~some arfcom user that deserves a beer or 8 from my fridge
gunforhire

Postby Lunchbox on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:23 am

gunforhire wrote:
Lunchbox wrote:

You work there too? cool! you must have been upstairs when I was talking to john about 10mm. I overheard someone starting up new when we were down there

From noon to 5:30 I was on the range. After that I clocked out and wandered around a bit and then took off.
"Time is the best teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all of its students" - Robin Williams
"You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington." - Ash Williams
Lunchbox

Postby Nalez on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:25 pm

I was up at bills Circle Pines for the first time this evening, just started shooting. No wait for the range, got me setup with a rental firearm and I was able to get some practice time in.
Nalez

Postby gearguy10 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:26 pm

Stopped in at the Bill's in Hudson today and I just wanted to report how nice it was there. Awesome re-use of a theater. Very clean and orderly. The staff were all nice to talk to. No one seemed to mind if I added my 2 cents as people were buying handguns. I may have been responsible for an XD sale when I was there. :) If I didn't have a more than full-time job, I'd love to spend my weekends working in a place like that. Anyway, if you're on the east side of the cities and need an indoor place to shoot, head across the river. I will say that the range was packed on a Sunday morning and the wait was probably a bit long, but they seemed to be cycling people through.
"Do you think my mind is maturing late, or simply rotted early?" - Ogden Nash
gearguy10

Postby drhell2pay on Sun May 05, 2013 11:28 am

I love shooting at Bill's the staff rocks for the most part. The stores are nice to shop in, but you will be paying much higher prices for guns there than most places if you shop around. I've seen glocks selling for 50 bucks more than other places new. Hell, I picked up a Kimber at Fleet Farm for 100 bucks less than Bills.

I do like their knowledgeable staff though.
Those who trade liberty for security deserve neither.
drhell2pay

Postby AR-15collector on Sun May 05, 2013 2:17 pm

My only complaints about them is some of the sales people have talked down to me like I'm stupid and pushed their personal preferences on my buying decision. When I'm dropping 3-4 grand on an AR project, I don't really care what their personal setup preferences are because I've already had it planned out, yet they keep pushing it after I've told them I won't be buying that particular rifle or buying a certain accessory.

On other occasions I've seen one particular salesman at the Robbinsdale location cussing out/ screaming at different customers on different occasions, who had legitimate issues. I don't care how in the wrong a customer may seem, an associate should never yell at a customer to the point of causing a store wide scene.

Also, associates talking poorly about the owner/ boss and airing the behind the scenes dirty laundry is never a good thing.

I do like the ranges though. I would give the Hudson range the win out of the three locations.
AR-15collector

Next

Return to Reviews