VZ Aliens G10 grips

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

VZ Aliens G10 grips

Postby samginko on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:04 am

I recently purchased an ed brown, which came with a stained cocobolo grips. Although, the fit and the finish on the cocobolo grips were superb, I wanted something darker and with more grip.

The VZ aliens standard panels with the thumb cut is what I decided on, and the following is my impressions of this fine grip.

First, the fit and the finish is top notch. Ed brown's thumb safety was hitting the top of the left grip, mainly due to the curvature of the thumb safety. However, I was able to fix the problem with file and five minutes of my time.

Next, the thumb notch is perfect. The magazine release is standard low profile, but is much easier to operate than the extended release on my springer.

Finally, the aliens g10 grip seems to hold my hands like glue. Much better grip control at the range with little to no jump. I have read reviews that aliens g10 is too abrasive, but I disagree. I feel the new glock grips are much more abrasive.

Aliens G10 is attractive and does one thing that the grip panels should do. Keeps your hands firmly on the gun.

At $74 delivered ($7 discount on the Facebook), I am very happy with my purchase.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1361887508064.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1361887497091.jpg
samginko

Re: VZ Aliens G10 grips

Postby Ron Burgundy on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:12 am

samginko wrote:I recently purchased an ed brown, which came with a stained cocobolo grips. Although, the fit and the finish on the cocobolo grips were superb, I wanted something darker and with more grip.

The VZ aliens standard panels with the thumb cut is what I decided on, and the following is my impressions of this fine grip.

First, the fit and the finish is top notch. Ed brown's thumb safety was hitting the top of the left grip, mainly due to the curvature of the thumb safety. However, I was able to fix the problem with file and five minutes of my time.

Next, the thumb notch is perfect. The magazine release is standard low profile, but is much easier to operate than the extended release on my springer.

Finally, the aliens g10 grip seems to hold my hands like glue. Much better grip control at the range with little to no jump. I have read reviews that aliens g10 is too abrasive, but I disagree. I feel the new glock grips are much more abrasive.

Aliens G10 is attractive and does one thing that the grip panels should do. Keeps your hands firmly on the gun.

At $74 delivered ($7 discount on the Facebook), I am very happy with my purchase.

Man, I want a EB Kobra. VZ looks like good stuff. I'd like to put a set on my 22/45
Ron Burgundy

Postby samginko on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:55 am

One thing that amazes me is that none of the moving parts show wear marks. None at slide, none at thumb safety, none at trigger, hammer, or the grip safety. Amazing fit and finish. Nothing like Springfield or even kimber.
samginko

Postby Ranger01 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:27 am

VZ is good ****. I have a pair of the VZ 10-8 grips from midway usa and love them. The 10-8s have a deeper mag pouch cut than the other designs. They are also only $30 when on sale...
Ranger01

Return to Reviews