Cree LED light bulbs (Home Depot)

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Re: Cree LED light bulbs (Home Depot)

Postby FJ540 on Mon May 05, 2014 5:20 am

I got some of the Cree 60w soft white dimmable bulbs to try in our dining room fixture - they sing. :(

The Mrs. wasn't pleased with the stark contrast to the warm cfl's she's been using, but the noise was highly perceptible from the single bulb I tried. Didn't matter if it was dimmed or full output - it had a pitch to it that was an absolute no-go. I'm near certain if I'd put all 4 in, the neighborhood dogs would start singing back. It was pretty bad. They got returned.
FJ540

Postby xd ED on Mon May 05, 2014 5:38 am

Mine are not on a dimmer, but I still haven't adjusted to the color- not a good fit in green/ off white, and tan/ off white dining room decor. When I replace the light fixture, theses bulbs will end up elsewhere...
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Cree LED light bulbs (Home Depot)

Postby gun_fan111 on Mon May 05, 2014 5:52 am

Home Depot is having these on sale for $5-6 each.
Did you just buy that beautiful firearm, or are you trying to sell that piece of crap?
gun_fan111

Postby Hmac on Mon May 05, 2014 6:17 am

I was just at Home Depot...the Cree bulbs weren't on sale, but Minnesota Power is sponsoring an Energy Star rebate program for LEDs and CFLs...$7.50 per standard bulb and $10 each on specialty bulbs, good through the rest of the year. Limit 12 bulbs per customer. We have over 60 indoor floods throughout the house...gotta send the kids and neighbors in to complete the conversion.

http://www.mnpower.com/EnergyConservation/BulbRebate

Participating power companies:

•Aitkin Public Utilities
•Brainerd Public Utilities
•Ely Public Utilities
•Grand Rapids Public Utility
•Minnesota Power
•Mountain Iron Public Utility
•Two Harbors Power and Light
Last edited by Hmac on Mon May 05, 2014 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hmac

Postby Hmac on Mon May 05, 2014 6:20 am

xd ED wrote:Mine are not on a dimmer, but I still haven't adjusted to the color- not a good fit in green/ off white, and tan/ off white dining room decor. When I replace the light fixture, theses bulbs will end up elsewhere...

Not Cree, but we do also have several Phillips Hue bulbs installed in various rooms. They're adjustable for color and intensity, entire spectrum, remotely from an iPhone or iPad. It eliminates the issues with color temperature in any given room.

http://www.huelights.com/
Hmac

Previous

Return to Reviews