Reloading Training from OldmanFCSA

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Postby DoxaPar on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:25 pm

I finally had a chance to get up to see OldmanFCSA this afternoon for some reloading training. I'm a complete novice but have some gear already but have never reloaded a round.

First, Oldman is just a nice guy. I enjoyed chatting with him and just BS'ing about guns, life, reloading, etc.

Secondly, the training was just invaluable. He took me through each stage of the reloading process (we reloaded 9mm and .308) on single-stages presses. This was just a great way to do the training as it allowed me to fully understand each step in the reloading process.

Not only is he a good teacher but just a darn generous guy. I can't wait to get up there again. I'm sure I'll be able to figure out another excuse to go hang out with him.
DoxaPar

Re: Reloading Training from OldmanFCSA

Postby Beretta96CT on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:31 pm

I've been looking for someone to teach me how to reload, but I am concerned about somebody who was banned from this Forum.
What did he do wrong?
Can he teach newbees like me?
Or do I need to keep looking?
It sounds like you had a great time with him, why would you recommend him, if you would?
++++++++++++++++++++++++
Beretta96CT
"An OLD Newbie"
"Love my Beretta pistols."
Beretta96CT

Postby Shipyard on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:42 pm

don't worry about oldman... most worthwhile members of this forum (and a lot of members otherwise...) have been given a vacation for butting heads with a mod at one time or another. some come back, some don't. it's part of the daily life here in this particular "slice of heaven"...

oldman is one of the best resources and nicest **** guys you will ever meet in the gun community here. hit him up. ask a million questions. take detailed notes. enjoy.

don't believe the hype.
Attachments
images (1).jpg
images (1).jpg (6.6 KB) Viewed 4697 times
i do what i can, where i'm needed, and i ask so little in return. i'm a true humanitarian fueled by rainbows and whiskey. you should be so lucky to know me...

Shipyard wrote:no kidding. that guy gets banned from here more than i quit this place :lol:
Shipyard

Postby DoxaPar on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:02 pm

Beretta, get up there and see him. Probably want to allow for more time than I did however (I was up there for about 2 hrs).

If he can teach this newbie he can teach you too. Like I I said, I have zero reloading experience.

Don't worry about the suspension. Better yet, read his posts here and judge for yourself.
DoxaPar

Postby wildfan1 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:31 pm

Oldman is salt of the earth. One of the most genuine and nicest guys I've ever met, and a dang nice dog too. Really sorry to hear the ban hammer hit him, but thankfully I am close and can swing by and chat with him often.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
wildfan1

Postby BigDog58 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:05 am

wildfan1 wrote:Oldman is salt of the earth. One of the most genuine and nicest guys I've ever met, and a dang nice dog too. Really sorry to hear the ban hammer hit him, but thankfully I am close and can swing by and chat with him often.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

One of the (if not the best) guys on this bulletin board. I travel the 45+ miles to his house at least once a month. I sometimes go for information, others just to visit. I am proud to call him my friend and hope he feels the same. I know that even on my "just visit" I have learned something. And, I always want to steal Murphy when I leave :bolt:

Oldman will be back soon and he will still help as many of us as he can. It's his nature and it will take more than a little slap from a place like this to change or hurt him.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby LumberZach on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:30 pm

He doesn't have a shop or something nearby to go to does he? I have been considering the reloading training as well.
LumberZach

Postby DoxaPar on Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:07 pm

LumberZach wrote:He doesn't have a shop or something nearby to go to does he? I have been considering the reloading training as well.

Make the drive. I felt like it was a long ways away but it turned out to be just a beautiful drive. Nice country up there/over there.
DoxaPar

Postby greenfarmer on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:45 pm

Beretta96CT wrote:I've been looking for someone to teach me how to reload, but I am concerned about somebody who was banned from this Forum.
What did he do wrong?
Can he teach newbees like me?
Or do I need to keep looking?
It sounds like you had a great time with him, why would you recommend him, if you would?

I don't really know him, I have just read his posts on here. I will say from what i have saw, he's probably forgotten more about reloading than any of us will ever know.And i'm pretty sure if anyone on here has a question about reloading, they will all look to him, or ask him. I love reading his posts because they are always full of a ton of knowledge. And it's first hand knowledge. It's not "heresay". I know when i want to start, if i decide to, i'm going to see if he would be interested in teaching me as well. And trust me, i'd be a complete newbie to reloading. And in my mind, if you want to learn, ask people (like oldman) who have an abundance of knowledge when it comes to reloading. You don't want something bad to happen with reloads as your trying to learn yourself unless you have read enough on it and are confident enough in yourself to know what your doing.
greenfarmer

Location: kinda by the SW Metro, but a little further out in the sticks.

Postby OldmanFCSA on Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:24 pm

My health is better and I'm open most days for training.
I think I can teach anyone, If I can't I will throw them out = people who don't want to learn, just steal components.

(This last comment due to 1 guy trying to steal 5K of SPP while I was in bathroom. I called the Sheriff.)
( He was not from MN Gun Talk.)
OldmanFCSA

Return to Reviews