GSG 5L

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Re: GSG 5L

Postby DeanC on Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:10 am

Widge wrote:No harm, no foul.

It is, of course, necessary to comply with the legal niceties. I should have made that clear in my post. :D

Yeah, you "special" people are always taking advantage of your privileges. ;) You get all the cool toys.
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby Keith on Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:32 am

I've had mine since April and only have about 1400 rounds through it. But, I have had only 3 failures to fire out of that (Remington Golden Bullets) and I haven't cleaned the gun, yet. Federal bulk stuff has run 100% and smacks the plate rack at 50 yards offhand no problem with an aimpoint mounted on it. The irons sights on mine were off quite a bit but it sounds as if that has been fixed in newer models. It has also proven to be minute of woodchuck around the house with the Aguila 60 grain subsonic loads. (and quiet) A couple of other subsonic loads wouldn't work the action but the 60 grainers do.

I dropped a sliding/collapsible stock on it and it is much more solid than the factory one.

It is the funnest gun I have bought in a LONG time. I am very tempted to get the pistol version and go through the paperwork to SBR it.

In case nobodies aware of it the GSG5 has it's own little section of AR15.com.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=6&f=41
Yeah, but I shoot with THIS hand.
Keith

Postby Widge on Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:03 am

DeanC wrote:
Widge wrote:No harm, no foul.

It is, of course, necessary to comply with the legal niceties. I should have made that clear in my post. :D

Yeah, you "special" people are always taking advantage of your privileges. ;) You get all the cool toys.

Anytime you're coming this way (to the SW) Dean, let me know, I'll grab a couple of hundred rounds and you can play with my 'cool toy' and it's 'giggle switch' all you want!

Man, that sounds...er...bad, but it's actually not! :D
I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!
Widge

Postby onebohemian on Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:53 pm

FYI. Reported today by ATI that they reached a settlement with the HK folks. One term will be that there won't be any new imports of the MP-5 styled GSG-5 after January 31, 2010. New old stock imported prior to that date and on the shelves at retailers will continue to be sold. ATI has at least implied that something new will be coming out of all of this, but who knows.
Mark

"Edited to remove prohibited content."(2009).

"It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it." (In honor of 'Goalie,' 2013).
onebohemian

Postby Dorian on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:34 pm

Do you have a link on that?

Dorian
"The penalty that good men pay for not being interested in politics is to be governed by men worse than themselves. -Plato, philosopher (427-347 BCE)"
Dorian

Postby bstrawse on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:56 pm

HK could make this issue alot simplier by making a MP5 domestically. I can assure them that I would buy one - or more ;)
B
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Keith on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:48 am

Dorian wrote:Do you have a link on that?

Dorian

The lawsuits been going on a little while and while they don't have anything on their website yet this is from a post by Chris, of ATI, on AR15.com. I just got my 1st generation rifle back from Chris after they staked the ejector in place and they even upgraded the firing pin, cocking tube, and rear sight when all I did was send it back because the ejector finally broke. It sounds like they got some stuff up their sleeves, if you read the cryptic posts by him.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b ... 774&page=2

October 12, 2009

Re: Heckler and Koch, Inc. vs. German Sport Guns GmbH, American Tactical Imports, Inc. Civil Action No. 1 : 09-cv-00039-WTL-JMS (S.D. Indiana)

For immediate release,

We are very pleased to report that the litigation filed by Heckler & Koch, Inc. against German Sport Guns GmbH and its U.S. distributor, American Tactical Imports, Inc., together with all counterclaims, has been settled.

The terms of the settlement are confidential to the parties and cannot be disclosed. A dismissal of the above-referenced litigation, and all of the party’s claims against each other, is expected to be filed in the near future.

Attorneys for H&K will be issuing a statement. The attorneys for ATI have already issued a statement announcing the settlement.

Production and importation of the original design GSG-5 ceased as of Oct, 8, 2009 with the signing of the agreement. The remaining inventory now in the USA can be sold by ATI, all distributors and dealers. ATI currently has GSG-5’s in stock.

All sales of the GSG-5 by ATI must conclude by January 31, 2010. ATI will continue to service every firearm that it imports into the USA.

Thank you for your support.
Anthony DiChario
President C.E.O.
American Tactical Imports, Inc.
Yeah, but I shoot with THIS hand.
Keith

Postby Bessy on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:02 am

GSG also makes an ak version.. I've been eyeing it seriously now it's only 339 at aim surplus.
In Soviet Russia program executes you!
Bessy

Postby DeanC on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:02 am

Another civilian friendly move by the Teutonic jackasses at H&K.
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Previous

Return to Reviews