Matts Firearms lower receiver group purchase

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Re: Matts Firearms lower receiver group purchase

Postby gearguy10 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:48 pm

Matt responded today with an offer of a refund or credit towards inventory. I'm asking for a refund. We'll see what happens and how soon it happens.

Fingers crossed.
"Do you think my mind is maturing late, or simply rotted early?" - Ogden Nash
gearguy10

Postby tabberski on Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:01 pm

For all who never received their lowers on this group buy New Frontier Armory has offered to sell you a complete lower for $85.00 plus shipping. Here is a partial email I received from the President of that company.

Current dealer price is $104 per unit but I will give him or you guys your lowers at our lowest distributor price of $85.

David M Famiglietti
President

New Frontier Armory
150 E Centennial Parkway
North Las Vegas, NV 89084

http://www.newfrontierarmory.com
P: 702-479-1470
F: 702-583-7314

I have already received my lowers from them, the prices of $85.00 was charged per receiver. I want to thank NFA for taking care of a customer, especially when this deal went South. It had nothing to do with them. If you need any other info on purchasing these lowers shoot me a PM.
tabberski

Postby FJ540 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:57 pm

I'm glad to see some progress for those involved. With some inventory being sold, he should have some money coming in to make refunds to those who want them. It's not going to be a quick fix, but at least we're making some progress.
FJ540

Postby wildfan1 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:09 am

All,

Cobb was nice enough to let me back in to get this cleaned up.

I have received a lot of well-deserved criticism. I made a gigantic mistake. I have no excuse. Some may not believe it, but it was not intentional. I won't try to defend it, many wouldn't believe it anyway. But I am back temporarily to get this mess cleaned up. I will answer questions you have. I am not a man to run from my problems. Yes, I did hide from it for far too long. I was hoping to get it cleaned up much faster than I did.

For the record, the prices NFA is offering below is well below what I was getting them for. I never got the $85 price. I think they were even more than $104 at one point. I priced them at $132 because I had to pay shipping ($60 per 25), sales tax ($8.50 per at $132 total price), and a little something for my time in paperwork.

So fire away.
wildfan1

Postby Squib Joe on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:16 am

wildfan1 wrote:For the record, the prices NFA is offering below is well below what I was getting them for. I never got the $85 price. I think they were even more than $104 at one point.

As a (former) NFA dealer, I can confirm that they were indeed this high at one point.
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby tabberski on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:04 am

The NFA pricing of 85.00 is just for the members who haven't received their lowers from the group buy. It is a special one time only sale price. As they stated Matt the FFL or individual members affected can get that price. They are being very nice to offer that pricing. If you want to order the receivers email the President of the company explain you were part of the group buy and take it from there. I dont know how long the price is good for. But as Matt said it is lower then what he was paying.
tabberski

Postby tabberski on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:17 am

NFA was charging $115.00 per receiver during the crazyness
tabberski

Postby Thunderjohn on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:18 am

I'm really late to see this so I'm sure I don't have all the facts, but I have dealt with Matt
on several occasions and have every reason to believe he will make this right.
I sometimes judge people wrongly but I'll be very surprised if you guys don't get your money back.
John
FFL - http://www.Southwest-Arms.com
God, Family, Business
Emails to SouthwestArms@Gmail.com
Thunderjohn

Postby tabberski on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:25 am

We are atleast talking again so I'm sure all will be resolved soon. "Nuff said"
tabberski

Postby wildfan1 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:10 pm

I don't run from my problems, but I freely admit I tried to hide from this one for far longer than I should have. No amount of words can express my regret over that. But thanks to FJ540 for helping mediate this for me, Cobb for letting me back in to make it right, and now a HUGE thanks to Thunderjohn. He is taking a large chunk of my inventory, and that will almost get me enough $ to clean this up completely.

Those still needing to be made whole by me, please PM, email, or post and let me know if you'd prefer a refund or a lower. I will try and get the discounted lowers as tabberski mentions below from NFA for those that still want them, and will refund you the difference.

Matt
wildfan1

Postby FJ540 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:39 pm

Glad to see this get cleaned up. There's enough BS in the world, we don't need issues amongst our own.

Very cool move John. You've always been a class act, and I'm proud to know you. :salute:
FJ540

Postby OldmanFCSA on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:50 pm

I would prefer to still receive the 3 complete lowers that I originally requested for your second group buy.
It would be better yet IF I could receive them at the $85 pricing point.
Let me know - don't care if I'm last in line, if that helps any.

Thank you Cobb for letting Matt back on the Forum to resolve this concern.
OldmanFCSA

Postby gearguy10 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:48 pm

Matt refunded my money in full plus a little interest (not necessary, but appreciated) today. He has done right by me. Done deal. I'm out.
"Do you think my mind is maturing late, or simply rotted early?" - Ogden Nash
gearguy10

Postby wildfan1 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:44 am

All,

Thanks to several members here, I now have the $ in hand to fix this. I will send pm messages to all still needing to be made whole to find out your preference:

Options:
1. $140.04 refund per lower ordered (price paid plus interest)
2. Receive lower and $47 refund per lower ordered (this assumes I can get them at $85 as tabberski was told). I will cover tax and shipping out of my pocket as the interest for this option.

Please get your choice asap so I can get you your money or lowers and money. Hope to have this completed by July 4 (at least the order placed).

Matt
wildfan1

Postby captnviper on Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:30 am

Matt made this right for me. Hope everything works out to people's satisfaction.
"It's better to have a gun and need it then not have one and not need it" Ricky.
captnviper

PreviousNext

Return to Reviews