Matts Firearms lower receiver group purchase

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Matts Firearms lower receiver group purchase

Postby tabberski on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:27 pm

Has anyone from the second group heard anything back from him on the status of our lower receivers yet? I have sent emails and left voice messages with no reply. I have also asked for a refund but haven't gotten a reply from him. Not happy. New Frontier has had lowers in stock and ready for shipment since April. It would be nice to get my money back.
tabberski

Re: Matts Firearms lower receiver group purchase

Postby xd ED on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:42 pm

PM Sent.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby OldmanFCSA on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:49 pm

I told Matt to put me on the end of the list in order to help others, but that I still wanted them, just no rush on my part.

As far as I know, Matt can't see or respond to this conversation. If this has changed, please let me know.
OldmanFCSA

Postby xd ED on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:10 pm

OldmanFCSA wrote:I told Matt to put me on the end of the list in order to help others, but that I still wanted them, just no rush on my part.

As far as I know, Matt can't see or respond to this conversation. If this has changed, please let me know.

I'm pretty sure anyone can read this thread. I believe only the Marketplace/ Firearms is unavailable to non-registered guests.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby yuppiejr on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:13 pm

xd ED wrote:
OldmanFCSA wrote:I told Matt to put me on the end of the list in order to help others, but that I still wanted them, just no rush on my part.

I'm pretty sure anyone can read this thread. I believe only the Marketplace/ Firearms is unavailable to non-registered guests.

Correct, just tested this. :)
yuppiejr

Postby tabberski on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:11 pm

I received this email from Matt tonight. Maybe things will work out. :|

"What is the new status of this buy. I haven't receive my lowers, you haven't returned emails or telephone calls. I had also requested a refund since you weren't communicating with anyone. So where are we at? Have you ordered the second batch of 25 yet? Last time I talked to NFA you hadn't."

Hoping to have them by the end of next week. Major miscommunication between me and nfa, and a large stupid **** by me too. Working to get it fixed.
Sent from my HTC One™ S on T-Mobile. America’s First Nationwide 4G Network.
tabberski

Postby OldmanFCSA on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:27 pm

yuppiejr wrote:
xd ED wrote:

Correct, just tested this. :)

Thank you for correcting me on the "READ" capability as a guest. What about responding? Or reading PM's?
OldmanFCSA

Postby xd ED on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:45 pm

OldmanFCSA wrote:Thank you for correcting me on the "READ" capability as a guest. What about responding? Or reading PM's?

Nope;

Needs to be a registered member....
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby gearguy10 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:21 pm

Anybody know anything???? Matt's last response to me on 5/31 said he'd have them in 2 weeks. I emailed two days ago and haven't gotten a response.
"Do you think my mind is maturing late, or simply rotted early?" - Ogden Nash
gearguy10

Postby xd ED on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:39 pm

gearguy10 wrote:Anybody know anything???? Matt's last response to me on 5/31 said he'd have them in 2 weeks. I emailed two days ago and haven't gotten a response.

Responding to two recent emails he said he'd refund my payment. Nothing further from him.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby FJ540 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:04 pm

I mentioned this thread to Matt tonight and he said he's going to write up an explanation for me to post tomorrow. He knows he effed up big time, and admitted his name is mud here. I have no idea what went south on the deal - I backed out on the original group buy when the prices got jacked the first round and the wait was extended to "lord knows when." He did give me a refund back then, but it took him a couple days when it happened.

I'll update when I have the response.
FJ540

Postby yuppiejr on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:16 pm

Interesting, reputation aside he's defrauded at least one person out of a few hundred bucks, an explanation is interesting and all but if I were someone with money floating in limbo for 0 goods I'd be looking for a full refund, in cash, by the end of the week or turn it over to the local PD/FBI/ATF to let them sort out the mess.
yuppiejr

Postby xd ED on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:24 pm

yuppiejr wrote:Interesting, reputation aside he's defrauded at least one person out of a few hundred bucks, an explanation is interesting and all but if I were someone with money floating in limbo for 0 goods I'd be looking for a full refund, in cash, by the end of the week or turn it over to the local PD/FBI/ATF to let them sort out the mess.

Because Ive been busy, I haven't pursued this as I should. I've been considering a trip to the Chisago Cty Court House and going the conciliation court route, But maybe your suggestion is the way to go...or call my BIL in the Chisago Cty Sheriff's Dept.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby FJ540 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:40 pm

I'm just the messenger here. What Matt did is pretty bad, and worthy of scorn. He also invited me to occupy his table at a MWCA show for free to help try to sell STD's, and anything else I wanted to move for the two days for free (never even hinted at asking for help with the table rent). I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm just trying to get both sides of the isle on the same page, because I think that needs to happen for any of this mess to be resolved without more butthurt.

Ok, so Matt "came to Jesus" so to speak, and told me the cold hard reality of what happened. He made an accounting error, had never paid for the second order, unbeknownst to him (because he never checked it), and ended up with too much tied up in inventory to make the second group buy now that NFA is accepting new orders. He had been moving enough guns in the panic that this kind of oversight is plausible (not excusable). The second order wasn't accepted, and he kept motoring on with the transactions he was making without seeing the discrepancy in his bottom line - because he admitted never balancing his business checkbook. This is a pretty big oops, since he doesn't have your money readily available to return to you if that's the outcome you seek.

So now the panic has subsided, and he's got too many guns, and not enough money - he made a mistake and is owning it in it's entirety. He's not trying to steal anything, he just can't fix it at this time.

Here's the resolution he's suggested: He can give you your money paid against a gun he has in stock, for credit to buy the new weapon for his cost, and he'll cover the sales tax. That's wholesale, less tax, to try to "fix" the mistake. If he has something you want, this is the cheapest you're likely to get it, ever.

Refunds are another option. He's said he'll add 3% interest for those who want their money back, but is unsure of when he'll have the money due to having to sell guns on hand to produce it. The same issue remains for those who still want their lowers - he needs free up the cash to place the second group buy order, so there's no way of stating a definitive date for resolution/delivery of the lowers.

He's got some .22lr, and some .223/5.56 he'll sell you in lieu of your lowers at cost as well. So maybe you'd rather have ammo instead of a lower now that they're everywhere? That's an option too.

You can contact him at matts.firearms@gmail.com to speak with him about this.

Once again, I'm just the messenger. I certainly don't condone what happened, but I do take his word that he wants to make it right.
FJ540

Postby xd ED on Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:58 am

I'll be in touch with him later today.
As he could have explained this himself, I'm a bit confused as to why he didn't.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Next

Return to Reviews