RedX QC?

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

RedX QC?

Postby BemidjiDweller on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:22 pm

I just opened a box from RedX containing a BCG and a charging handle. Charging handle is bent and the bolt is missing #s 8,9 and 10 in this diagram. This is of an AR-10, but it's the same bits that are missing.

Pictures of the bent CH, the marks it leaves while binding on the upper and the bent bit that leaves the mark. Sorry for the dropbox links.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/237 ... .52.29.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/237 ... .53.12.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/237 ... .52.39.jpg

I sent him an email though his website, I'm hoping to exchange, but am leaning towards getting a return. I'm also a little worried about the RedX complete upper receiver I got a while ago.

Anyone have any problems with RedX lately?

Update: Got an email back with return/exchange instructions.
BemidjiDweller

Re: RedX QC?

Postby LarryFlew on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:07 pm

Have one of his bull barrel ARs that had a problem of not loading after ejecting. 4 emails and him suggestion cleanings etc I finally returned it and he told me the gas block was not pinned making it sound like I did something wrong. Being it was my first AR I never had done anything beyond cleaning so it came that way. Was several years ago and no problems since. I also have one of his 300 blackout uppers that has been fine.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby grousemaster on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:13 pm

I had an upper that had a tight chamber, would have to pound out steel cases with a rod sometimes, and shooting reloads with brass fired from another rifle lead to many stuck cartridges and casings. It ran fine with quality brass ammo and was quite accurate as well.

I would venture to guess that RedX does not make their own charging handles or BCG's, so the bad product was probably sent to him to, and he just fired orders out the door to fast too catch the problems, which surely he regrets.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby FJ540 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:33 pm

I'm so thrilled with my redx stuff, I'll never buy from them again. There's better options in that price bracket - PSA being one of them.
FJ540

Postby BemidjiDweller on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:35 pm

I'm sending out this stuff for a return tomorrow, and as soon as it is processed, I'm buying a PSA BCG and a DPMS CH from a forum member. Heres to a quick and easy refund experience.
BemidjiDweller

Postby BemidjiDweller on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:46 am

USPS delivered the package to his address at 12:30ish on July 5th, send him an email asking what his usual time frame is for processing returns is on the 15th. Other than that first response (6/25) telling me how to do a return, I haven't heard a thing from him.

Is 10 business days long enough with out any action to contact my card company?
BemidjiDweller

Postby FJ540 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:38 pm

Go for it. Maybe when they contact him for his side he'll process it. And if they can't reach him either, they'll process it for you.
FJ540

Postby BemidjiDweller on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:44 pm

Got an email today saying the return has been processed. Now just gotta wait for the bank to process it :(
BemidjiDweller

Postby BemidjiDweller on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:13 pm

Just called the bank, they haven't received any word from Red X or their bank about a refund. I sent one final email asking for him to contact his bank to see if they are the cause for the delay. He said it was a CC merchant issue and I should see the refund by early-mid next week.

Seems like having a deadline before contesting the charge quickens the process for him.
BemidjiDweller

Return to Reviews