Leather Gun Belt Maker

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Leather Gun Belt Maker

Postby BigDog58 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:37 am

I normally carry in a Fanny Pack because of having to use a wheelchair on occasion and it would be tough to draw if carried at 4 or 5 O'clock either OWB or IWB.

I am going to start trying to carry iwb but need a good belt. The problem is, I am fat and cannot go out and find a 60" Gun Belt on the average store shelf.

Anyone have any ideas, or favorites that could make me a proper gun belt? I want one I can use daily to go with my jeans, or cargo pants. I will most likely be carrying either a G-17 or possibly 1911 in a Super Tuck or similar iwb holster

I'm using the wheelchair less and looking for other options, besides the fanny pack
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Leather Gun Belt Maker

Postby PhilaBOR on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:54 am

You could call Jason Christiansen at Concealment Solutions: http://www.concealmentsolutions.com/

I believe he does special orders.
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations..."
PhilaBOR

Leather Gun Belt Maker

Postby PhilaBOR on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:55 am

And he sells a SuperTuck knockoff.
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations..."
PhilaBOR

Re: Leather Gun Belt Maker

Postby LarryFlew on Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:55 am

Sideguardholsters.com. Eric is local and does great work if you want leather.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby BigDog58 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:19 am

LarryFlew wrote:Sideguardholsters.com. Eric is local and does great work if you want leather.

Thanks Larry, I prefer to give local small business my money whenever I have extra to "give"...lol. If he can make one large enough to fit me, he will surely get my business.

Since I'm doing my best to use my wheelchair as little as possible, I want to carry in a holster, rather than the fanny pack. I'm big enough (ample) to easily carry the G-17 or G-30 IWB without too many problems. And, since losing 90 lbs in the last 8.5 months, my clothes are a bit more loose on me and should allow good concealment

Edit: They're website makes no mention of Gun Belts, but I used their contact form and asked if they are able to assist me or not. I'll surely do business with them, if they are able to fulfill my needs
NRA RSO

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby CashFan on Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:39 am

BigDog58 wrote:
LarryFlew wrote:Sideguardholsters.com. Eric is local and does great work if you want leather.

Edit: They're website makes no mention of Gun Belts, but I used their contact form and asked if they are able to assist me or not. I'll surely do business with them, if they are able to fulfill my needs

Try this link. Its under holsters>accessories. http://www.sideguardholsters.com/holsters/Accessories.htm

I ordered a holster and a large mans belt a few weeks ago with no problems, should have it soon and looking forward to it.
CashFan

Postby srtolly on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:37 am

BigDog: can you post back when you find something. I've also been looking for a big man belt. I used to have a guy that did Ren Fest make them but he has since quit and I can't contact him.
Semper Fi
srtolly

Postby BigDog58 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:09 pm

srtolly wrote:BigDog: can you post back when you find something. I've also been looking for a big man belt. I used to have a guy that did Ren Fest make them but he has since quit and I can't contact him.

I'll gladly post what I find out. I was hoping I wasn't the ONLY guy here needing a Big Man's Gun Belt. I did find a guy a while back doing a Google search, but stupidly, I forgot to bookmark it and I can't remember the name
NRA RSO

BigDog58

Postby wasfuzz on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:57 pm

There is a shoe store in Buffalo Center, IA that will make whatever you want. Weavers leather and shoes, he made mine and Jim you know I am no small fry. I use them for all shoe repair and Red Wing shoes, very good family to deal with. I think my belt cost $30.00 for a size 50 x 1.75 wide. They are just south of the MN border about 14 miles near Blue Earth, MN.
weaversleather@gmail.com or 641-562-2992, may not work out for you Jim - but would work for SR Tolly as he is only in Waseca.
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby BigDog58 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:57 pm

wasfuzz wrote:There is a shoe store in Buffalo Center, IA that will make whatever you want. Weavers leather and shoes, he made mine and Jim you know I am no small fry. I use them for all shoe repair and Red Wing shoes, very good family to deal with. I think my belt cost $30.00 for a size 50 x 1.75 wide. They are just south of the MN border about 14 miles near Blue Earth, MN.
weaversleather@gmail.com or 641-562-2992, may not work out for you Jim - but would work for SR Tolly as he is only in Waseca.

Thanks Donn, I received a reply email from a place another member suggested and I might be able to get what I need. If not, I will check out this place, but it is a long drive for me. But, if I can't get a gun belt otherwise, this could be a fun day trip
NRA RSO

BigDog58

Leather Gun Belt Maker

Postby Evad on Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:26 pm

I'll be going to Iowa again in August. I could save you the trip if he makes you something.
Evad

Re: Re: Leather Gun Belt Maker

Postby srtolly on Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:02 pm

wasfuzz wrote:There is a shoe store in Buffalo Center, IA that will make whatever you want. Weavers leather and shoes, he made mine and Jim you know I am no small fry. I use them for all shoe repair and Red Wing shoes, very good family to deal with. I think my belt cost $30.00 for a size 50 x 1.75 wide. They are just south of the MN border about 14 miles near Blue Earth, MN.

I'll be sending them an email tonight. BigDog, if I can get what I need I can help out getting something to you as well, just shoot me a message.
Semper Fi
srtolly

Postby wasfuzz on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:31 pm

Bigdog no need to make the trip I am only 35 miles from there if you order I can pu and deliver to a first Wed lunch or other meet for you.
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:50 pm

When I got tired of wearing out cheap belts, I ordered from these guys. http://www.bullhidebelts.com/

Watch their clearance page for in stock specials.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby BigDog58 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:22 pm

wasfuzz wrote:Bigdog no need to make the trip I am only 35 miles from there if you order I can pu and deliver to a first Wed lunch or other meet for you.

Thanks wazfuzz. I plan to call them tomorrow. I'll let you know what they say and if I need you to pick it up. I'm just wanting to speak with them so I measure my size properly, since it will most likely need to be a custom order and one I can have extra holes added as I lose weight (90 lbs since Aug.), so that it will last me a while, given the expense.

I appreciate everyone's assistance and suggestions.
NRA RSO

BigDog58

Next

Return to Reviews