I took part in a Cabala’s focus group.

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Re: I took part in a Cabala’s focus group.

Postby FJ540 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:24 am

"Assault rifle" is a military category term, not an adjective. I wish "pro gun" people would acknowledge that in their educational encounters rather than trying to lump people into some kind of moron reactionist category for using it incorrectly (no different than the clip/magazine issue).

Maybe we should all switch to "battle rifles" instead? Their standard capacity magazines only hold 20rds. 8-) AR10's for everyone! :P
FJ540

Postby Spartan on Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:57 am

we said gave them the same conclusions.... we wouldn't shop their if they gave in and stopped carrying "sporting rifles" and "standard cap. mags" ...we all got the fudge but its the guns and ammo we want....
Spartan

Postby gman1868 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:09 pm

FJ540 wrote:"Assault rifle" is a military category term, not an adjective. I wish "pro gun" people would acknowledge that in their educational encounters rather than trying to lump people into some kind of moron reactionist category for using it incorrectly (no different than the clip/magazine issue).

Maybe we should all switch to "battle rifles" instead? Their standard capacity magazines only hold 20rds. 8-) AR10's for everyone! :P

Battle rifle? How 'bout an M-14? :)
Living the Armed Lifestyle
gman1868

Postby Ironbear on Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:01 pm

FJ540 wrote:Maybe we should all switch to "battle rifles" instead? Their standard capacity magazines only hold 20rds. 8-) AR10's for everyone! :P

Why not get rid of hi/med/low capacity magazines completely! Belt-fed for everyone! :lol:
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby FJ540 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:53 pm

Ever try sneaking around with an ammo belt? :lol:

That said, I wouldn't restrict your freedom to do so if you so chose... ;)
FJ540

Postby redaudi on Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:39 am

I like it when they call them Assault Guns.

I'll take a vehicle-mounted howitzer any day. :lol:
O.o derp
redaudi

Postby linksep on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:14 am

jonahk wrote:I'm guessing behind that mirror someone circled your name, wrote down the time stamp, and will likely list this as a counterpoint to their objective.

^^^^^^ THIS!

Meaning they have essentially already made up their minds that they want to/are going to stop carrying standard capacity Glockazines and they're just trying to find out how bad it will hurt business.

Let me pile on the thanks to Spartan for injecting a dose of sanity into the world when and where it is needed most!

Deputyhiro wrote:Anyone who uses the term "assault rifle" to proves their level of intelligence.

To which I usually try to respond with: "Oh, look I have an assault pen right here, and some assault sunglasses, and an assault fist..."
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby FJ540 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:40 am

I saw the email yesterday(ish) that they're now carrying tactical gear. I didn't actually read it (I never do anymore), but tactical gear was in the subject line. Must be lots of "Spartan's" out there.

They're in it for the money. If they can move product with a margin, they don't particularly care what it is anymore. Sadly, Cabela's used to be known for their quality gear, and now they're no different than the "Sears of the outdoor stuffs." At least we won't have to suffer through more Bob Villa commercials as they flush what's left of their credibility down the poop chute.
FJ540

Previous

Return to Reviews