Reloading with oldmanFCSA

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Postby dupa on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:29 pm

so originally I just piggybacked on another review. but thought I'll just toss my own up here.

was out at dougs most of the afternoon today. and I'm glad I found someone willing to take the time to sit and walk through the process.. he explained each step and the reason for it and it really put all the pieces together for me. He made it easy to ask questions and had great examples to teach the finer points.

I was under the thought that I could figure it out.. and was hesitant to take the Doug up on his open offer in the forum. glad I did.. and I can't thank him enough for walking me through the process and sharing his knowledge, he truly has a passion for reloading and has built up quite a collection of equipment.

look forward to running out there again some weekend.

Wayne
dupa

Re: Reloading with oldmanFCSA

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:36 pm

Thank you for the kind reviews, both of them.

I truly enjoy reloading and teaching reloading.
You are most welcome to return for more info, to tune up your RCBS setup, or to use my equipment including the Dillons.
Just give me some advance notice...........
OldmanFCSA

Postby Eric Marleau on Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:27 pm

I plan on taking up Doug's offer on helping me with my .223 reloads sometime this summer.

I was also thinking that "Old Man" might want to come over to my house to show me on my own reloading presses.
The coffee is always on at my place and after he schools me, we could head over the the Forest Lake Sportsmen's Club and do some serious shooting for the afternoon.

Let me know Sir!!

Eric
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Life Member
Eric Marleau

Postby dupa on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:49 am

Bring your press with. I didn't and should have . Now I have a reason to head back. He has a very nice setup out there.
dupa

Postby OldmanFCSA on Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:55 pm

Sorry guys.

I've been spending too much time in the hospital again lately.

Eric, I don't drink coffee, never have.

Anyone, be sure to contact me in advance to verify the dates will work out.
OldmanFCSA

Postby Ron Burgundy on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:15 pm

Wishing you the best, Doug.
Ron Burgundy

Postby OldmanFCSA on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:26 pm

Thanks, using my tablet while in bed at hospital.
Supposed to get out yet tonight soon.
Thanks for the support.
Doug = OldmanFCSA
OldmanFCSA

Postby dupa on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:39 pm

speedy recovery to you.
dupa

Postby jtk5768 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:46 pm

My prayers are with you for quick recovery and return home...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
jtk5768

Postby Eric Marleau on Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:40 pm

Prayers heading your was Sir.

Eric.
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Life Member
Eric Marleau

Postby brewerbob on Sat May 03, 2014 5:31 pm

My son and I were out at Oldman's today to shoot 50's. The goofy grin on my son's face after the first shot was priceless. Doug showed us around his place and we will be heading back soon for reloading instruction and shooting. A gracious host. I hope to learn a lot from him.
brewerbob

Postby Rodentman on Sun May 04, 2014 7:53 am

I look forward to getting up there sometime! Once I retire I'll have a lot more time, obviously.
Rodentman

Postby bigscoop on Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:40 pm

just got back from Doug's a little while ago, wow what a wealth of knowledge. I probably learned more from the questions he asked me than what I asked him :D .He took the time to answer all questions I had and really made me think about his (watch out for trick questions :D )I'm glad he let me come over and will be asking him if I can come back to go over pistol loading some day and to see Murph the whispering/pointing basket hound. Thanks again Doug
bigscoop

Postby brad3579 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:04 pm

bigscoop wrote:just got back from Doug's a little while ago, wow what a wealth of knowledge. I probably learned more from the questions he asked me than what I asked him :D .He took the time to answer all questions I had and really made me think about his (watch out for trick questions :D )I'm glad he let me come over and will be asking him if I can come back to go over pistol loading some day and to see Murph the whispering/pointing basket hound. Thanks again Doug

I had the pleasure of being there at the same time as Barry and have to say anyone thinking about reloading should contact Doug first. Having not reloaded for about 25 years it was very comforting to have Doug help me set up my 550b for .40 S&W and show me the safe and proper way to load with it. It was great to take the freshly loaded rounds out back and test them out and is really nice to know that I can call or go visit again if new questions arise.
Murphy T is just a great dog and on my next visit I will definitely have to bring him some treats.
Nice meeting you today Barry and thanks again Doug for everything,
brad3579

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:22 am

Thank you both for coming out today. It was rewarding for me also. Interaction with others brings up subjects that we all can learn from.
I sometimes ask questions of reloaders for which there is no correct answer, it generates great interaction laced with varied personal experiences.
MurphyT greated both with his normal exuberance, barking & howling upon their arrival, then pestering them to be petted, he loves having his floppy ears rubbed. If food or treats are present, a sit and whisper command are stated which upon proper action produces a treat. Sometimes the command is not required, as he lets you know he is ready for the next treat.
Lasers, do not use one, you will be howled at loudly, but he reacts more excitedly than most cats. And then looks at you before going on point looking for that red or green dot on the floor.

Overall, all had fun in a safe environment learning many new techniques for reloading safely and accurately. Thanks for coming out.
OldmanFCSA

Next

Return to Reviews