50BMG Reloading Training Review

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

50BMG Reloading Training Review

Postby OldmanFCSA on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:37 pm

Reloading Training Review from FCSA Member Forum. This person was from Tucson AZ.

Posted Today, 01:16 AM
I must apologize to Doug for taking so long to post a review of his training. Life was very hectic when I got home. I was the lucky sole recipient of his training for the whole weekend. He and his lovely bride made me feel very welcome and comfortable. It was like staying at a resort, I think I even put on a few pounds! His training technique worked very well with me. It was relaxed, but we stayed at it. It was very interactive meaning we discussed everything we did as we went thru the reloading process together. We discussed different techniques and tools, how they differ and their results. He did not tell me his was the only way to load! He showed me what was currently working for him and told me what he had tried in the past that lead him to this point. I can't begin to tell you how much frustration his training spared me! At the end, I used his checklist to take 10 pieces of once fired LC brass (from a Barrett Semi-auto) and was able to process them completely and comfortably with only a few questions! Years ago I reloaded .38s for plate shoots/combat matches and .223s for high power matches (DCM) but they were nothing compared to the complexity of reloading Match Grade .50! BigDog Jim and his wife brought the State Arms Shorty to Doug's so I could shoot the 10 rounds I just finished loading. They all worked flawlessly. BANG--GRIN! BANG--GRIN! Etc... Doug is a great guy and I can't thank him enough for taking the time to show me so much and for sharing his experience with me. True to his word, Doug did not charge me a dime for my training. But there is no way I could take so much of his time, hospitality, and his patience without making a donation to the Reloading/Training Fund. He was even kind enough to sell me some extra reloading equipment I needed to help me get started. After all this, BigDog Jim and his wife took me back into town with them and let me stay at their house overnight so I could catch a morning flight the next day. More wonderful food, great people... I can't think of a more positive experience! I thank you all for the fun, friendship, and knowledge you shared with me!
Stuart
OldmanFCSA

Re: 50BMG Reloading Training Review

Postby OldmanFCSA on Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:40 am

OldmanFCSA

Return to Reviews