Aim Precision Reactive Carbine Class AAR

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Aim Precision Reactive Carbine Class AAR

Postby GNCAaron on Sun May 03, 2015 11:50 pm

Greetings fellow MNGuntalk members,

I recently took a carbine class, put on by Aim Precision, and it was a great experience. I feel like I cemented in a higher level of skill, and the relatively low cost of the course made it a great bargain. I'd train with them again.

Two instructors taught the class, and with only five students, we had plenty of individual attention. Both instructors are former military, did deployments to Iraq/Afghanistan, and were firearms trainers while in the service.

We started the day slow, by confirming zero at 50 yards, and then moved on to slow fire from kneeling and standing. Emphasis was placed on accuracy over speed. We also did a lot of weak side shooting, which became necessary later on in the day during barricade drills.

Later on, we got out heart rates up by doing a few drills that involved running, moving from cover to cover, as well as dropping to the ground between cover, and bounding back up again. These drills that involve physical activity, shooting, and a little bit of stress, are difficult, but very beneficial. They melt together all of the drills we work individually (like moving with a gun, and reloading, and basic marksmanship), into one fluid act, and simulate a test.

This was my first class of the season, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Adam and Boone (the instructors) are competent, personable, and have an eye for detail. All five students had different levels of competence, and I think we all ended up better shooters at the end of the day. If anyone reading this has also trained with Aim Precision, feel free to add your thoughts and experience down below, even if its from a different class.

Aaron
Chaska, MN
GNCAaron

Re: Aim Precision Reactive Carbine Class AAR

Postby farmerj on Mon May 04, 2015 8:58 am

Basic fire and maneuver from basic training.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... _2011.html

The army called them CTT, common task training.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... _2011.html
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Re: Aim Precision Reactive Carbine Class AAR

Postby AIM_2014 on Mon May 04, 2015 1:13 pm

Thank you for posting a review! We are looking forward to having you back for some more training in the future.
AIM_2014

Return to Reviews