A THANK YOU for Services

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

A THANK YOU for Services

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:08 pm

We all joined this Forum for our own reasons, but mainly to address concerns we have about our shooting sports, whether it be reloading, selling, buying, general conversation, or other topics.

Today I would like to Thank MN Gun Talk for providing a common ground to ask for help in topics not generally related to firearms, but computers - laptop computers and issues with Windows 8.1 and 10. I've gotten to know another member here who has extensive knowledge in setting up specialized laptops that fit my and my wife's needs and make them compatible with other pre-existing equipment already in use.

In trade, I sincerely hope he enjoys the ownership and use of a large "boat anchor" too heavy for me to lift anymore. A engine hoist was utilized to load into his truck. The optional specialized hand tools and instruction manual were freely given to him to offset the time and expense he experienced assisting with my project. (How he gets the "boat anchor" out of his truck and into position is his concern.)

I never would have met this individual and traded with him without the existence of this open-minded Forum.

THANK YOU to all involved, especially Moderators and Member here on MN Gun Talk.
OldmanFCSA

A THANK YOU for Services

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:36 pm

Bartering system at its best!
gun_fan111v2

Re: A THANK YOU for Services

Postby yuppiejr on Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:10 am

Glad to help, and thanks for the boat anchor + accessories!

At least gravity and I were in agreement on which direction said item had to travel (from the truck bed to a waiting furniture dolly below) so it was more about ensuring a controlled descent than actually lifting said chunk of iron/steel. Should make both a useful tool and a good way to work on my dead lifts this winter now that it's hanging out in the garage. :)
yuppiejr

Return to Reviews