OldManFCSA Reloading Training

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

OldManFCSA Reloading Training

Postby linksep on Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:26 pm

I went off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Os(ceola).

Super fun day, thanks OldManFCSA. Great teacher, overall great guy. I'll be back for a separate rifle loading session. Maybe I'll even be able to teach him something, like how to hit a steel plate with a .40 cal projectile. ;)
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Re: OldManFCSA Reloading Training

Postby OldmanFCSA on Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:02 am

Thank you for the positive review.

He showed up with a new in box LEE Classic Turret press, which I had never worked with before. We removed all press accessories from boxes as needed during press setup. Assembly was easy except for primer system and powder dump. Primer system was too cheaply made for my preference, and powder dump is sure to create Squib (which we had, probably due to talking while loading) loads due to having to be reset each new cartridge. I feel its a system that needs modification to prevent squib loads from happening. The primer system = well I now understand why BigDog58 recommends priming by hand off of the system, after depriming for SS Pin cleaning of brass. Again the expander die contained a very rough expander cylinder that "filed" brass off interior of case neck due to being so rough a machined finish. I normally re-machine these after user tries them for a while.

Overall, I understand why people buy LEE systems, but wish LEE would spend a few more moments improving some of their accessories.

Otherwise we had a great time, and I once again proved how poorly I shoot a semi-auto pistol.

He is welcome to come back anytime for further lessons of using a chronograph to improve loadings for consistency and accuracy.
OldmanFCSA

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:33 am

linksep wrote: Maybe I'll even be able to teach him something, like how to hit a steel plate with a .40 cal projectile. ;)

OUCH. Let oldman give you a running head start and see if he can drop you with any caliber. You won't make it. Not to hijack the thread but Doug taught me to reload 50BMG. Took a couple trips out there. What can I say except second to none. Just wish he didn't live so far away because I would be out there more often.
Bearcatrp

Postby BigDog58 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:28 pm

Oldman has taught me more than I could have learned in a lifetime on my own. I'm proud to be his friend, and love going to the 50 matches with him.

As far as the .40 and him hitting steel, it ain't gonna happen :shock: If he ever gets to the point he wants to hit the target with a semi-auto (he'S pretty good with his GP-100 Revolver) I'll let him shoot my G-17 9mm :myball: . That Beretta he has, needs a "Sight job" badly.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby linksep on Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:21 am

Bearcatrp wrote:OUCH. Let oldman give you a running head start and see if he can drop you with any caliber. You won't make it.

If I get to choose the caliber I'd feel pretty safe with him shooting .40 --- I don't think I would even have to run, speed-walk maybe but not run. :lol:
linksep

Postby OldmanFCSA on Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:54 pm

linksep wrote:
Bearcatrp wrote:OUCH. Let oldman give you a running head start and see if he can drop you with any caliber. You won't make it.

If I get to choose the caliber I'd feel pretty safe with him shooting .40 --- I don't think I would even have to run, speed-walk maybe but not run. :lol:

OUCH,but TRUTHFUL. I have posted many times that I am a piss-poor pistol shot, and I proved it. With a GP100 revolver, I would have a chance. I guess that's why I like a short barreled 12 gage loaded with #4Buck for close in self defense.

Now IF someone was willing to stand still at a mile or more, I could make him extremely worried as he would never hear the shot that ..............
OldmanFCSA

Postby linksep on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:18 pm

Just some good-natured teasing. We all know OldMan is a guy of many talents: MacGyver, machinist, an excellent teacher, a master reloader, skilled with many types of firearms...
Last edited by linksep on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
linksep

Postby wasfuzz on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:54 pm

linksep wrote:Just some good-natured teasing. We all know OldMan is a guy of many talents,...

Pistol shooter just aint one of them :D , just like hitting clays aint one of mine!!
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby OldmanFCSA on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:51 pm

I'm still teaching reloading for FREE - but may need to reconsider after reading topic below ($160).

I will continue to teach for free, but would appreciate a donation to my heating fund to keep shop a balmy 67 degrees all Winter.

http://educateequiptrain.com/product/re ... lehandguns
OldmanFCSA

Postby Scratch on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:03 pm

OldmanFCSA wrote:I'm still teaching reloading for FREE - but may need to reconsider after reading topic below ($160).

I will continue to teach for free, but would appreciate a donation to my heating fund to keep shop a balmy 67 degrees all Winter.

Damn, I was just gonna come up to have you teach me some stuff, till I found out how cold you keep your shop!
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:51 pm

Scratch wrote:
OldmanFCSA wrote:I'm still teaching reloading for FREE - but may need to reconsider after reading topic below ($160).

Damn, I was just gonna come up to have you teach me some stuff, till I found out how cold you keep your shop!

Well for $160 you get to travel to NC so I bet that gets a bit warmer than 67 :twisted:

Oldman, if the service you perform for the gun community was lauded on here daily, it would not be still not be enough. Keep up the work you do.
Holland&Holland

Return to Reviews