Good news about S&W service on M-41

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Good news about S&W service on M-41

Postby SIGP240 on Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:04 am

My cocking indicator model of the M-41 would not mate to a new barrel from Gil Hebard. I did not want to spend the cash to go with Clark. So my mal-fitting barrel and the complete gun went to S&W, taking 6 weeks, and it came back so both barrels mate and fire flawlessly. It does turn out that there were three bolt face patterns to the M-41 over time and my ancient gun would not close into battey with the new barrel on it. I do read that Smith makes some substandard 22 barrels now and accuracy really sucks. But, well see. No doubt it will ever outshoot a Hammerli 208/215. I could paid for the work with CC and a phone call.
Proudly launching lead from a Swiss P-240 at a range near you.
SIGP240

Re: Good news about S&W service on M-41

Postby SIGP240 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:50 am

To bring closure here: The new barrel on the old frame was taken down to BPR for bench rest sight -in. All 10s and 10xs at 25 yards! It looks like I ended up with a truly accurate spare barrel. In the meantime, I snatched up an antique 7" barrel for this combo to round out the package. The one thing about the M-41; as it is a steel frame, a little on the heavy side. The Hammerli Trailside, once you weight it, add an Ultra Dot and amp it up with German Rink-Griffe upswept grips, will provide you a very manageable 25 yard paper punch!
Proudly launching lead from a Swiss P-240 at a range near you.
SIGP240

Return to Reviews