Covert Carrier ....Feedback Please!

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Re: Covert Carrier ....Feedback Please!

Postby hammAR on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:19 am

VikesFan1 wrote:
JoeH wrote:Your pistol should be carried in a holster that properly and completely covers the gun's trigger guard. Anything else is unsafe.

True dat. I could go for some routine adjusting and grab the wrong thing! :shock:

Thanks for the help fellas. I think I'm going to investigate the above mentioned avenues instead.

Have you considered smart carry

All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby CovertCarrier on Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:10 pm

Greeting:

I am the developer of the Covert Carrier. I have background as a Uniform and Plain Clothes Policeman. After retiring on a service pension, I began work in the private sector as a Private Investigator and a Director of security. Generally, the private sector likes the idea of having an armed option but prefers not to see the handgun exposed. That led to the development of the Covert Carrier. I mention my background, training and experience so that the reader will understand that I have had occasion to carry handguns in all manner of concealed carry.

With that having been said, the pattern here is no different from a handful of other posts regarding our product. Someone that has never used a Covert Carrier reaches out via blog and then a number of individuals, that have not tried our product themselves, provide their opinion. I think we can all agree that the utility of the hideout gun is the handgun itself. Further, that keeping ones finger off the trigger will keep the weapon from discharging. Our product is not for everyone or for every gun. It is for the type of individual that does not want to telegraph his or her level of self-defense readiness; but, that is prepared to defend themselves or their family when faced with a last resort self-defense scenario.

Our product can be used for a primary or a back-up gun and is not limited to traditional in the box thinking that is most closely associated with self-defense carry. We offer an alternative to traditional carry. However, most individuals are in lock-step with their peers. I have had occasion to carry concealed with the Covert Carrier since 1996; and, I have used it on handguns with caliber sizes from 22 to 45. The Covert Carrier application works best with small or mid-sized hideout guns, which does not have a tang or grip safety. Single stack, right angled handguns that are honed and that do not have edges for clothing to snag on tend to work best.

In the short time that we have been on the market, we have found a number of handgun owners in the Americas and Europe that find the Covert Carrier easy, convenient and appropriate for their self-defense needs. Returns are less than 2%. We offer a 30 day money back guarantee so the customer does have the opportunity to actually purchase one, try it, which includes live carry and live fire and then make an educated and informed opinion on the products true utility.

I will offer a 10% discount to any REGISTERED MN Guntalk.com member to try our product. Further, if the member likes the item, I will donate 10% of the MSRP to any official MN Guntalk.com charity that helps US Veterans or US Law Enforcement Officers (LEO) in need.

My intentions are simply to get individuals that have not tried our product and have an opinion to actually try the Covert Carrier and then get the "real" word out. Who knows the MN Guntalk.com member that tries our product may actually like it.

For more information on the Covert Carrier and its utility, visit http://www.covertcarrier.com

Best regards, and stay safe out there,

Jim Wakefield, President Covert Carrier Inc.
Last edited by CovertCarrier on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
CovertCarrier

Postby Stradawhovious on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:21 pm

I apologize if my or anyone else here offering of an opinion on your product without trying it first is insulting to you, but I do not feel safe carrying a firearm without a covered trigger guard. There are simply too many things that could go wrong with this method of carry resulting in accidental personal injury, or injury to others since a finger is not the only thing that is capable of pulling an exposed trigger. Keeping your finger clear of the trigger will work famously until you happen into a bush, or a small child accidentally runs into you right at "trigger level". If you do take the measures to carry in this fashion "safely" you are putting yourself at a disadvantage in a self defense situation by carrying with an empty chamber as you recommend for your product. This is also unacceptable for me. Adding more steps, and possibly forcing a malfunction under stress while trying to ready my weapon in a self defense situation is unacceptable in my book. I feel that I am practiced enough to avoid this outcome, but in a SHTF scenario, you never know what can happen or how you will react.

I hope that this helps better explain my stance, and my justification for having an opinion on your product without trying it first. I appreciate your eagerness to get us to try your product, and wish you the best in your business. Thank you for taking the time to visit our site, and give us insight on your product and for extending a discount for your product to registered users. Also, I think you might have better reception to a sales pitch in the "accessories" forum in the marketplace.

Be safe.

-Strad.
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby hammAR on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:34 am

Jim,

Welcome, and Strad is correct, it would be a help if you would put a post in the "accessories" forum in the marketplace.

As for your offer, I will take you up on it, but first I need to decide what to put it on. Lets discuss a Colt/Kimber Commander or Officer. I can not really tell, nor did I search your entire web site, but will the Add-on fastener work with an Commander or Officer 1911? I do not really prefer the Sleeve and I do not think that the Replacement panel is even listed.

As a note for future reference, first not all self-defense folks are buttheads like Strad, but more importantly nor are they stuck in the same box and marching lock-step with their peers.......just like not all Police officers are stuck in the same box nor jack-booted thugs marching lock-step with their peers.............It is not a good way to introduce yourself and make friends by establishing such a starting point so early in the conversation.

Anyhow, I will be contacting you to discuss further if you do not respond to this post...... :cheers:
hammAR

Postby Stradawhovious on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:55 am

Thanks for the intro and namecalling gunny, It's much appreciated. I wasn't aware that I'm not allowed to have an opinion without being instantly stereotyped and chastised for it.
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby hammAR on Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:24 am

remember, you are not allowed anything in the "New World Order"..... ....... :cheers:
hammAR

Postby CovertCarrier on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:03 am

Good morning Gentlemen:

HammAR, the lock step and box comment deals directly with the use or requirement of a case, bag, pouch or holster to carry a concealed handgun and, I think it is fair to say most, but not all CCW users feel that one or the other of those items must be present to safely carry concealed. That is not my experience or my belief. And, the result of that out of the box opinion was the development of Covert Carrier for hideout guns and deep cover carry.

I would be happy to work with you or any MN GunTalk.com member on one of our options, however, remember the product works best with essentially square or right angled handguns that do not have a tang that would rise above the waistline. Generally, double action only weapons are most appropriate for our application. Weapons such as Kahr, Kel-tec, NAA, Seecamp and R-9 are very popular. Nevertheless, Beretta 21a's, Para's carry 9 and Sig's new 380, as well as a variety of other pistols can be easily have this option adapted to them.

As far as the sales pitch goes, my business partner and I sell these items, so there is a commercial aspect to my response. Yet the response was born of the original comments I identified in my first entry: Individuals that have never tried the Covert Carrier per se, reduce their opinion to writing without benefit of actual possession or use.
CovertCarrier

Postby mitchx3 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:50 pm

Why would someone (who has a Keltec) buy this over the clip directly available from KT?

KT:
$12
bolts on
supports gun center of mass
does not interfere with grip

CC:
$30+
uses a grip sleeve
supports gun by lower part of grip
changes grip
mitchx3

Postby CovertCarrier on Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:01 pm

Great question. Our device allows for complete handgun concealment. The Kel-Tec device, which is well made and thought out, offers the user the ability to grab or present the handgun with the handle or grip is "above" the waistband; and, the Covert Carrier allows the user to have a hideout weapon held securely on their person, IWB, below the beltline, with Total Weapons Concealment (TWC).
CovertCarrier

Previous

Return to Reviews