Cabela's Rodgers Customer Service - Grade "F"

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Re: Cabela's Rodgers Customer Service - Grade "F"

Postby JJ on Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:21 am

FJ540 wrote:I miss Sportsmans Warehouse.

+1

Scheels in St. Cloud has been good, anything beats Cabela's and Gander.
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby user293 on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:45 am

FJ540 wrote:I miss Sportsmans Warehouse.

+2 for sure
TommyMN wrote:This site is full of dicks. It's why I like it.
user293

Postby DonT on Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:21 am

Boy I gotta agree. Had the same terrible experience this last Sunday.
I got a great buy in the Gun Library, the guy that helped me filled out the forms and was very helpful, he said it would be at the register in about 10 minutes (he had to call it in)so I wanedered then went to the register at the alotted time and there it was, just outa reach behind the register, so I got in line behind two guys in front of me that were togehter and filling our the 4473 to buy a rifle. Thats when things went sour. After the third call from my wife who was waiting patiently outside the store as I told her I would only be 10 minutes tops as all I had to do was pay for the rifle and scoot. I could not believe it as clerks sauntered around behind the counter doing everything possible not to make eye contact with the ever growing line behind me, evidently not able to use the register, except for one guy who would occassionally walk up the register, look at us and walk away in slow motion. I think he was their tease as folks started to get excited as he approached the register and then sighed as he turned and walked away. Now I know how my dog feels when he thinks I am getting him a treat only to find out I am not going share my Salami Sandwich with him. Well about 45 minutes later they handled the two guys in front of me that were together and the clerk walked them to the front door. My first thought was what if he is now off the clock or goes to lunch and doesn't come back, there isn't anyone else here that will help us. The Anexiety started to creep in but then back he came and it was my turn. Keep in mind this whole time I was standing there money in hand so someone, anyone would see I didn't want help, I only wanted to give them money and get outa their way.

When I left the line had grown to 3 or 4 more people waiting for guns behind me. I bet I drove the Hour home and the 3rd guy still hadn't been helped and the 4th person in line probably had to come back on Monday.

They took what could have been a great experience and ruined it at the end turning a potential repeat customer into a repulsed customer.

I actually took the initiative to email their customer service department on Monday with a hopes they would understand that they are just chasing people away and need to make some changes. To date not even a response acknowledging they got the email. I just don't understand it.

My Rant for the day....

DonT
DonT
DonT

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:05 am

:picsneeded:

Of the purchase that is...after all you had to go through we at least need to see if it was worth it :)
Holland&Holland

Postby DonT on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:48 pm

No pics yet but it was a 1953 Winchester 94 carbine in 32 Special that is 99%+, even the lifter has no scratches on it, the wood and proud all around, it is beatiful........ It has not been reblued or refinished... Drooling yet???? :shock:

DonT
DonT
DonT

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:04 pm

DonT wrote:No pics yet but it was a 1953 Winchester 94 carbine in 32 Special that is 99%+, even the lifter has no scratches on it, the wood and proud all around, it is beatiful........ It has not been reblued or refinished... Drooling yet???? :shock:

DonT

Yes I am ...

32 special, sweet cartridge
Holland&Holland

Postby DonT on Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:47 pm

Here are the pics as promised...

After careful inspection by myself and 2 others we have concluded that this rifle has NOT been refinished. It is a 1953 vintage and appears to have spent most of its time in someones gun cabinet. It is really pristine. The only flaw I can find in the gun is that 1/2 the head of the screw that holds the leve pivot pin in place was broken off some time during it's life. It is not recent as there is no bright metal showing. Of all the things that could have been wrong this is probably the best. Wood is proud where it buts up to all metal parts.. It's a honey.... ;)

Enjoy..
DonT
DonT
DonT

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:13 pm

Very nice. Just something about guns of that era...
Holland&Holland

Postby Hawkeye on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:52 pm

If you want great service before, during and after a purchase check out Smart Security in Hastings. Great place to visit, buy a gun or shoot the bull about guns. They also do carry classes.
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

Postby ScatterGun4015 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:17 pm

Went there when small pistol primers were scarce. They had them which was nice, but I did stand at the counter for 20 minutes waiting for someone to grab them for me. They weren't busy at all, it was 1 in the afternoon. I still think its a cool place to go and I will still do business there, I will just plan on it taking a longer time
Stradawhovious wrote:
So rather than just being chased by a zombie, you are now being chased by one in that's engulfed in flames? No thanks.

BOOM HEADSHOT!!!!!!!
ScatterGun4015

Postby Troops2990 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:20 pm

You might want to keep a close eye on the firearms you buy there as well.. About a year ago i was looking at buying a sig so i called cabelas to ask if they had any in the .45, they stated that they had a brand new one for what i thought was a good price. When i arrived they first said that they didn't have such a pistol until i reminded them that i had called 45 min prior and driven 45 min to pick up this gun, then they remembered that they had one. When they showed it to me the tag said that it was new but it seemed to have a lot of wear for a new gun, so i asked them again "is this new?" and they said that it was. Then i decided to ask about the wear and thats when they informed me that it was a refurbished gun, not new, but they had it labeled as new as well as telling me multiple times that it is new, since it is "in new condition". Just an FYI to keep your eyes open and to make sure that what they are saying matches up to what your seeing. Sorry the details are alittle scetchy, it was a while ago. Needless to say i passed on the gun and voiced my displeasure with being lied to on the phone and in person.
Troops2990

Postby FJ540 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:01 pm

I had a similar experience with Scheels in St Cloud. I was trying to buy my Springer champion and they had the gun listed as new, but when I looked closer at it there was a lot of powder residue. Then they couldn't produce the factory box and it was revealed that the gun was in fact used. I went down the street and bought my gun from Sportsmans Warehouse - first person to ever touch it out of the oily plastic bag.
FJ540

Postby 1911fan on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:18 pm

I bought both my coopers from Scheels in st cloud, as they were the only even remotely local dealer who carried more than one of them. I had a very good experience, and they had one guy who sort of the "Cooper" guy, who took the time to explain the differences between some of the guns that while the same model, had different options ordered and he was willing to do a lot more opening and showing guns from the back room than I would have expected from a big box store.

I was very happy when I started to thank him for his time and had chosen the rifle, when he said "if your gonna buy a rifle this expensive, it helps to have someone take the time to walk you thru it." I agreed completely and then the manager or dept head walked by and he talked to me for another 10 minutes, making sure that I had chosen exactly the gun I wanted. I was going to put a few hundred down on it and then come back in a week to pick it up, and they said, "no, just bring your cash when you come it, we know you'll be back:" I was pretty much blown away by that.
1911fan

Postby gearguy10 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:25 pm

This thread is interesting because I have had the same exact problem with Cabelas in Rogers. I ordered a Ruger New Vaquero last year in .357 mag. They called me the Friday before deer opener to say it was in. I hunt in Little Falls so after work on Friday I loaded my gear in my car and figured I'd run in and grab my gun on the way to deer camp. I realize that the night before deer opener is a rediculous time to go to Cabelas as everyone in the state is there, but I figured I had nothing else to do and I had the time. It took forever to get access to a salesperson. When I did they got the gun and we did the paperwork. They told me that it would take 10-15 minutes to "run it through the system" so I went and shopped for a while. When I swung back by the counter I could see my gun and the completed paperwork sitting on the counter behind the register so I stepped up to the register. Absolutley no one came over to help me. The staff kept bringing customers over to the register and ringing stuff up for them, but ignored me standing there. On the odd occasion that someone asked if they could help I would point at the gun and say, "That's mine and I'm ready to check out." They'd look at me, then the gun, say "oh", and walk away. It was like no one knew how to ring it up and no one wanted to take responsibility for finding someone who could. I thought I was in the Twilight Zone. I was there for over an hour waiting to be rung up. I was pissed when I left.

Also, I ordered the New Vaquero a month and a half before this and 3 weeks later they called to say it was in. I drove out there to get it only to find that the gun was all scratched up. It was bad. I asked the guy what the deal was and he just shrugged. I asked them to order me another one without the scratches and it took another 3 weeks for that one to come. There is nothing as depressing as leaving a gun store without the gun you thought you were going to go home with.
"Do you think my mind is maturing late, or simply rotted early?" - Ogden Nash
gearguy10

Postby BWinger on Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:25 pm

I passed up on my 10/22 there. Money in hand at the register for at least 20 minutes and never even got a hello. I can't imagine buying a gun there. I'll bring the kids in to see the animals and whatnot, but I don't care to stand around like an idiot. I picked up my .22 at Gander Mountain (went great - nobody else in the gun dept) and my experience at Joes with my shotgun was excellent as well.

I did get some Hornady sabots a week ago at Cabelas on sale and that went fine. I wasn't using the gun counter of course!

Bryon
BWinger

PreviousNext

Return to Reviews