15-year-old son of deputy shoots burglary suspect

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: 15-year-old son of deputy shoots burglary suspect

Postby FJ540 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:41 am

I'm pretty sure they didn't intend to deposit after dinner mints on the bed pillows when they broke the window.

The kid did good by me. Multiple shots in the perp. :bravo:
FJ540

Postby justaguy on Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:17 am

This kid must have been an operator, a serious competitive shooter, or have an insane post count on a local gun forum to be able to handle this situation.
WWTNSTKBLD
(What Would The Navy SEALs That Killed Bin Laden Do)
justaguy

Postby xd ED on Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:26 am

nyffman wrote:Yeah, check out the laws on this in TX. They aren't real concerned about your rights down there if you're breaking into someone's home. This story should be required reading for anyone in TX considering a fun and rewarding career in home burglaries.

You're operating under the assumption they have the ability to read, and comprehend. I'm a bit skeptical on that.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby jgalt on Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:13 am

justaguy wrote:This kid must have been an operator, a serious competitive shooter, or have an insane post count on a local gun forum to be able to handle this situation.

Most likely the third option - those are the guys you really need to watch out for... :rotf:
jgalt

Postby ijosef on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:01 pm

R.E.T. wrote:In this area, Texas has better laws than we do.

Absolutely. There used to be a guy in my cell hall who shot an intruder. The guy was a known but estranged party, and after attempting to beat down the door he attempted to gain access through a window. He was shot with a rifle, causing him to fall back out of the window opening and onto the yard where he died shortly thereafter. The parties inside the home called 911, but no one arrived before the individual attempted to gain access through he window.

The shooter got 8 years for the killing and will serve approximately 2/3rds of that. I believe they treated him a bit more harshly because he had a prior conviction (he was off paper) for a non-violent crime. Still, he was charged with manslaughter and sent to prison. I don't know if the DA got him to agree to a deal or if he was convicted at trial.
ijosef

Postby nyffman on Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:04 pm

And there are still some who think we don't need a castle doctrine law in MN.
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Previous

Return to In The News