EPA and Lead Ammo Round 2

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: EPA and Lead Ammo Round 2

Postby Heffay on Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:48 am

Rem700 wrote:Where does lead come from?

Supernovas.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby nyffman on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:35 am

Heffay wrote:

Supernovas.

For real? I thought it was just a toxic pollutant left over from the last civilization that thought itself advanced?
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby Philo on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:52 pm

Uh, from the the ground?
Philo

Postby b727capt on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:47 pm

Wind turbines kill a number of birds also, maybe we should ban them. AND glass windows in structures kill an estimated 100 million birds a year, we should probable ban all structures too!
b727capt

Postby WWJD on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Domestic cats.............songbirds #1 enemy

Brit
WWJD
Stomp on your goolies, abuse Justabullet catcher, make you give up the info right there and then and then save the world.
IF LIFE WAS ONLY THAT EASY, AND JUSTA WASN'T A PLONKER...BLISS!

FU.. Pei Ying Brit...can I pee on your sofa?!!!
WWJD

Postby autobahn on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:35 am

Heffay wrote:I know we're all about using lead for bullets and everything, but... *is* there an environmental issue from using it? I don't know any details or studies about lead shot, other than you can't use it for waterfowl hunting. Can it leech into the water supply?

Lead is definitely *not* something you want your kids to be drinking. How soluble is it in water? Is there a problem?

I know it certainly kills bald eagles.
autobahn

Postby photogpat on Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:51 pm

Bald eagles aren't hurting in the US -- in fact, they're a success story in species recovery due to the protection they received under various protective Acts and the banning of DDT.

http://environment.about.com/b/2007/06/ ... -eagle.htm

The minimal amount of lead that enters the environment due to hunting isn't an issue for bald eagles in general (its already banned for waterfowl...) - I'm surprised that they don't go for shooting ranges directly instead of after hunting.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Previous

Return to In The News