WCCO Reports Rosenberg Arrested

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: WCCO Reports Rosenberg Arrested

Postby Heffay on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:18 pm

goalie wrote:
xd ED wrote:
Seeing Heffay chime in brings to mind a completely different context for the last sentence of your post vs what I originally percieved. :mrgreen:

He's a good guy in real life, and you won't see me jump blindly to his support if he's a douche on the internet.

;)

What's real life?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiwrbYGrs
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby xd ED on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:22 pm

goalie wrote:
xd ED wrote:
The familymatters site is pathetic, in the classic sense of the word. The other sight: simple justice, serves to illustrate the character of at least one of JoelR's allies.

The familymatters site is a direct reflection of the actual thoughts and positions of a professional writer who happens to be in jail and tells any and everyone in the media that he represents gun owners in MN.

The other site serves to distract people from who Joel actually is. While the bare legal facts of the case are relevant, so are Joel's actions leading up to his arrest.

You can tell a lot about a man by the company he keeps.

It might be more useful for JoelR if some of his friends and allies were offering up a bit of moderation. While it sounds noble to say 'fight the good fight', 'Pick a battle you can win' would have worked better for him at this point. Well, these folks should have plenty to write about for a while. Hopefully they'll be able to look at themselves in the mirror when it's over. Sadly, it seems( and I apologize if I'm mistaken) his wife has chimed in approvingly on the simplejustice piece.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby hammAR on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:27 pm

goalie wrote:He's a good guy in real life, and you won't see me jump blindly to his support if he's a douche on the internet.

;)

Ya mean that he is real.............all this time I thought that it was simply another justa alter ego sock puppet.......................

All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby xd ED on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:30 pm

Heffay wrote:
goalie wrote:
xd ED wrote:
Seeing Heffay chime in brings to mind a completely different context for the last sentence of your post vs what I originally percieved. :mrgreen:

He's a good guy in real life, and you won't see me jump blindly to his support if he's a douche on the internet.

;)

What's real life?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiwrbYGrs

That is funny, but who thinks of doing that to their kid?? Or was it an ad for his dentist?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Pinnacle on Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:30 am

goalie wrote:
xd ED wrote:
The familymatters site is pathetic, in the classic sense of the word. The other sight: simple justice, serves to illustrate the character of at least one of JoelR's allies.

The familymatters site is a direct reflection of the actual thoughts and positions of a professional writer who happens to be in jail and tells any and everyone in the media that he represents gun owners in MN.

The other site serves to distract people from who Joel actually is. While the bare legal facts of the case are relevant, so are Joel's actions leading up to his arrest.

There is nothing at all cute of funny about Joel, his websites, blogs, or his philosophy. There is something wrong with an adult that acts in the manner in which he does.

All that had to happen is that people needed to pay attention to the warning signs YEARS ago and all of this could have been avoided. Would have been painful years ago, but at least it would have been over and Joel would not "repersent" anyone other than himself and his multiple personalities somewhere in a padded room....

YOU ALL AND I MEAN ALL HAD A CHANCE TO STAND UP TO HIM AND WHAT HE WAS DOING - CAST HIM OUT - YOU DIDN'T AND THIS IS THE RESULT. '

SAME WITH HIS SYNCHOPHANTS........
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby xd ED on Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:15 am

Pinnacle wrote:
goalie wrote:
xd ED wrote:

There is nothing at all cute of funny about Joel, his websites, blogs, or his philosophy. There is something wrong with an adult that acts in the manner in which he does.

All that had to happen is that people needed to pay attention to the warning signs YEARS ago and all of this could have been avoided. Would have been painful years ago, but at least it would have been over and Joel would not "repersent" anyone other than himself and his multiple personalities somewhere in a padded room....

YOU ALL AND I MEAN ALL HAD A CHANCE TO STAND UP TO HIM AND WHAT HE WAS DOING - CAST HIM OUT - YOU DIDN'T AND THIS IS THE RESULT. '

SAME WITH HIS SYNCHOPHANTS........

6 mos ago I never heard of him. 2 mo ago I knew nothing of his past.

Then and now, I have never assumed or suggested he represent me, nor do I recall anyone else doing so.

Further, what exactly do you expect, or suggest a collection of non-relative, individual internet readers do to/ for someone over whom they have no legal responsibility or control?

As to some pretty obvious sycophants, morally they are corrupt, as I suspect their motivation is to watch and write about a train wreck.

When you state: "YOU ALL AND I MEAN ALL..." obviously you include you as well, correct?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Pinnacle on Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:23 am

I stood my ground loooong ago with this sicko

He is now out on Bail....

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby chudrockz on Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:36 am

As a relative newcomer to this forum, until VERY recently I had never heard of JR. Although, now that I think of it, had I thought hard I'd have recalled he wrote that book I still have from the permit class I took quite awhile back.

Since all the roads are closed, and until the power goes out, I'm gonna read up and see if I can form an opinion on him and his antics.

(Note to wife: a subject about which I have no opinion as yet! Go figure!)
chudrockz

Postby cmj685 on Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:41 am

Pinnacle wrote:I stood my ground loooong ago with this sicko

I think that perhaps understanding a little of the personal history between many individual members here and Joel would help some of our new forum members who are more than a little puzzled by these kinds of posts Pinnacle just made! Let's just say (unless Pinnacle wants to say more) that Pinnacle, like some others here, had some personal disagreements with Joel which led to some fairly unhappy times between them. Posts like his last two need to be understood in that light. Is this fair, Pinnacle?
I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
cmj685

Postby photogpat on Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:48 am

I've read his book, and still don't understand him!
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Squib Joe on Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:51 am

Pinnacle wrote:YOU ALL AND I MEAN ALL HAD A CHANCE TO STAND UP TO HIM AND WHAT HE WAS DOING - CAST HIM OUT - YOU DIDN'T AND THIS IS THE RESULT.

Have you been drinking? What mythical place are "all of us" responsible for casting him out of? How did you "stand up to him" in a way that nobody else did?

Really. I'd like to know where we went wrong.
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby Pinnacle on Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:56 am

cmj685 wrote:

I think that perhaps understanding a little of the personal history between many individual members here and Joel would help some of our new forum members who are more than a little puzzled by these kinds of posts Pinnacle just made! Let's just say (unless Pinnacle wants to say more) that Pinnacle, like some others here, had some personal disagreements with Joel which led to some fairly unhappy times between them. Posts like his last two need to be understood in that light. Is this fair, Pinnacle?

Yup fair enough

And Joe -

You are right - I have casted a pretty wide net where I should not have.

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby westberg on Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:30 am

Pinnacle wrote:
cmj685 wrote:

Yup fair enough

And Joe -

You are right - I have casted a pretty wide net where I should not have.

I think your net missed by a forum or two.
westberg

Postby jp8775 on Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:24 am

No one knows the extent of his relentless and unprovoked harassment can be, in my opinion than I do. No one has parody web sites “not forums” to the extent I do, with your name all over them. He purchased the web Urals with Joe Penaz Net and Com. I was able to recently get .com because he let it expire and I scooped it off him. He stated on his forum he harasses me because it amuses him, that says it all. That being said, I hope he gets the help he needs to get his mental health back. He has self destructed and I have seen friends do the same. I do not think he has hit bottom yet, ;) he is still harassing people even with his current problems, so sit back and enjoy the show he will most likely continue to put on for us. When someday he realizes what he has done to so many people who just wanted to be his friends, I hope he is strong enough to turn himself around. It takes a big man to admit you are wrong. I have never ever seen him do so on anything important and even when the whole community with a few exceptions tells you are wrong. Joel I hope you turn yourself around, so do many others out there.
jp8775

Postby goalie on Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:40 am

westberg wrote:I think your net missed by a forum or two.

:bow:
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

PreviousNext

Return to In The News