Guns required in SD ! Whoo hoo

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Guns required in SD ! Whoo hoo

Postby xracer390 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:10 pm

Burnouts, big horsepower, and things that go bang!
xracer390

Re: Guns required in SD ! Whoo hoo

Postby sochr000 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:16 pm

So, if requiring me to buy health insurance is potentially in violation of the constitution, how is it that in MN I have to buy auto insurance?
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
God (From Futurama)

"Sometimes I think war is God's way of teaching us geography."
--Paul Rodriguez
sochr000

Postby xd ED on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:36 pm

sochr000 wrote:So, if requiring me to buy health insurance is potentially in violation of the constitution, how is it that in MN I have to buy auto insurance?

You don't. It's a condition to own / drive a motor vehicle. No vehicle= no insurance.
And if the government can force you to buy health insurance, they can force you to buy anything.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby mnglocker on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:47 pm

sochr000 wrote:So, if requiring me to buy health insurance is potentially in violation of the constitution, how is it that in MN I have to buy auto insurance?

You don't have to drive though. You have no choice on existing however.
-Get a rope Tuco.
What happens in the basement stays in the basement.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
mnglocker

Postby sochr000 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:07 pm

mnglocker wrote:

You don't have to drive though. You have no choice on existing however.

This is Bemidji, we don't have public transportation up here... and I am not walking home from work tonight... (In all seriousness, I understand your point)
God (From Futurama)

--Paul Rodriguez
sochr000

Postby Heffay on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:40 pm

You can bike.

Yes, even in the winter.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby sochr000 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:42 pm

Don't you bring reason and fact into this... this is the internet!
God (From Futurama)

--Paul Rodriguez
sochr000

Postby tman on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:41 am

Heffay wrote:You can bike.

Yes, even in the winter.

I don't advise it:

BICYCLIST STRUCK BY CAR

A 47-year-old Bemidji man was taken by ambulance to North Country Regional Hospital after he was struck by a vehicle while bicycling Sunday evening.

Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby nyffman on Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:30 am

Individual mandate? I got your individual mandate right here! :D
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby Heffay on Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:06 am

tman wrote:
Heffay wrote:You can bike.

Yes, even in the winter.

I don't advise it:

BICYCLIST STRUCK BY CAR

Biking isn't dangerous. Accidents happen, but that doesn't mean he was participating in a dangerous activity.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby Amithus on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:56 pm

I don't get why to this day the healthcare law is referenced to the auto insurance requirement.

1. The individual STATES require you to purchase car insurance if you operate a motor vehicle on the roads. Not the federal government. BIG difference there. States can make such laws. In no where in our US Constitution does it say that the federal government can force you to purchase anything.

2. The healthcare act states that if you don't have health insurance you will pay a fine, if you don't own a motor vehicle, you don't need to buy auto insurance, whether or not you actually CHOOSE to drive is up to you, as stated above, pure existence is the factor in the healthcare law. Even though there is no public transportation where you live, you don't, or should I say, you aren't forced to purchase a car and car insurance. Healthcare law mandates you purchase healthcare, unless you are a big union person that owns the government, then you get an exemption.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Amithus

Postby mattxd on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:56 pm

you don't have to buy insurance to drive a car, you just have to prove you have the ability to cover the liability mandates. So for most people that means buying insurance, since they don't have or are willing to risk that amount of their own money.
"Everyone wants to live at the expense of the state. They forget that the state lives at the expense of everyone." -- Frederic Bastiat (1801-1850) Source: The Law, by Frederic Bastiat, 1850
Go ahead report me to Barry!!
mattxd

Postby GeekyGunman on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:33 pm

Obviously the simple solution is to allow ambulance drivers to check for medical insurance before throwing them in the back.
(We can just leave them on the street if not.)

That way the uninsured don't have any impact on the healthcare system.
:D
GeekyGunman

Postby xd ED on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:17 am

GeekyGunman wrote:Obviously the simple solution is to allow ambulance drivers to check for medical insurance before throwing them in the back.

A lot of people never have health insurance until they get employer supplied healthcare. Until I was almost 30, I never had insurance, paid cash for misc. medical expenses, and never once asked for, or was thrown out of an ambulance. Now, nearly 30 years later, I wish I had all the premium money payed by me and my employers, verses the pocket change I have spent on health care- the greatest amount- a few thousand dollars on Chiropractic care, of which none was covered by any 'insurance'.
On of the many obfuscations about Obama care is the tax on younger people to pay the medical expenses of the elderly....Sound familiar?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Pred on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:19 am

GeekyGunman wrote:Obviously the simple solution is to allow ambulance drivers to check for medical insurance before throwing them in the back.

And interrogate bank accounts and make sure they don't have a million bucks stashed in their pocket. 8-)
Pred

Next

Return to In The News