The Nuge schools Piers Morgan on Gun Control.......

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: The Nuge schools Piers Morgan on Gun Control.......

Postby rugersol on Sat May 21, 2011 11:09 am

Heffay wrote:
tman wrote:
autobahn wrote:If we're ever going to make any progress with 2A advocacy, it has to be done intelligently. Using evidence and logic to argue against gun control is the ONLY thing that's going to work.

Yes, because that's worked so well over the last 4 decades. :roll:

It has. Gun rights have expanded quite a bit. In fact, probably the single biggest factor in getting the scotus to recognize the 2A as an individual right is that the case was manufactured with a ton of time, money and thought behind it. If it was run by the Nuge, you think it would have had the same result?

fixed it! Image
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Postby MissouriDave on Sat May 21, 2011 6:58 pm

1+. got it right.
MissouriDave

Postby White Horseradish on Sat May 21, 2011 7:19 pm

rugersol wrote:It has. Gun rights have expanded quite a bit. In fact, probably the single biggest factor the Nuge

If by "fixed it" you mean "made it completely meaningless", then yes. Is English your second language?
"I have come to kick a** and chew bubblegum." <racks shotgun> "And I'm all out of bubblegum."

--John Nada, "They Live"
White Horseradish

Postby rugersol on Sat May 21, 2011 7:29 pm

White Horseradish wrote:
rugersol wrote:It has. Gun rights have expanded quite a bit. In fact, probably the single biggest factor the Nuge

If by "fixed it" you mean "made it completely meaningless", then yes. Is English your second language?

Need a tissue?
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Postby White Horseradish on Sat May 21, 2011 7:43 pm

rugersol wrote:Need a tissue?
It appears that your reply has nothing whatsoever to with my post.

I do see why you are such a Nuge fan. Words aren't his strong suit, either.
"I have come to kick a** and chew bubblegum." <racks shotgun> "And I'm all out of bubblegum."

--John Nada, "They Live"
White Horseradish

Postby Tommy Gun on Sat May 21, 2011 7:46 pm

I've got nothing against The Nuge, but I am a little puzzled at the idea that he is more than a relatively small part of 2A advocacy. I don't mean to minimize what he has done to popularize firearms ownership and gun rights. I think the key to advancing gun rights is for individual gun owners to try to get new people involved in or at least familiar with responsible firearms ownership. The more people there are that are familiar with and comfortable with firearms, the less susceptible they will be to the anti-gun rhetoric of the Brady Bunch.

My $.02, FWIW.
When you are on the horns of a dilemma, shoot the bull right between the eyes.
Tommy Gun

Postby MissouriDave on Sat May 21, 2011 7:53 pm

Ted has issues, and a big ego. He does, however bluntly, state the things that most of us think. Fred Bear is not turning over in his grave yet. If he wasn't supported as a main speaker by the NRA at conventions he might back off, but that is not the case.
MissouriDave

Postby nyffman on Sat May 21, 2011 8:47 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
bensdad wrote:That was awesome. He mopped the floor with Morgan.

I think you watched a different interview than I. He made sure we looked like the crazies the liberals portray us to be. Can we not get a spokesperson that shows that we are not all loonies with tinfoil hats living in bunkers?

Sorry, I didn't see any tinfoil hats or hear anything about bunkers. How about, you go show us how it's done. :roll:
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby nyffman on Sat May 21, 2011 8:50 pm

DeanC wrote:I wish someone would school the Nuge on how to not be such a jackhole.

So, your problem is with the method, not the message? You don't have to like him, but I think the NRA's got a big enough tent for guys like him too.
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby nyffman on Sat May 21, 2011 8:52 pm

Heffay wrote:To: Nuge
Re: Representation

Stop it.

Love,
Us.

You'll have to be more specific. I'm not part or your "us". Would you like him if he wore pink camo?
nyffman

Postby Thunder71 on Sat May 21, 2011 9:03 pm

I like the guy... he's not bowing down and dumbing down his statements as to not offend anyone.
Thunder71

Postby Heffay on Sat May 21, 2011 9:15 pm

nyffman wrote:
DeanC wrote:I wish someone would school the Nuge on how to not be such a jackhole.

So, your problem is with the method, not the message? You don't have to like him, but I think the NRA's got a big enough tent for guys like him too.

How you say something matters just as much as what you say, if you're trying to convince people.

Advocacy is serious business. Leave it to the professionals.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby Heffay on Sat May 21, 2011 9:17 pm

gunflint wrote:He's hurting our image? This from a left shooting pink unicorn for Christ's sake.

What exactly do you find wrong with someone using a pink unicorn as an avatar? Do you find it offensive? Maybe you can explain why you think it's wrong.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby DeanC on Sun May 22, 2011 1:20 am

Thunder71 wrote:I like the guy... he's not bowing down and dumbing down his statements as to not offend anyone.

How could he make his statements any dumber? :D
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby gunflint on Sun May 22, 2011 5:38 am

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. How you say something matters just as much as what you say. If you're trying to convince people.
The 2nd Amendment is the ONLY amendment in the Bill of Rights that specifies that it shall not be infringed.
gunflint

PreviousNext

Return to In The News