Couple shot while taking safety course

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Couple shot while taking safety course

Postby hunterfreakhd on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:41 am

http://news.yahoo.com/va-couple-acciden ... 18724.html

ROANOKE, Va. (AP) — A Roanoke, Va., man and his wife were recovering after he accidentally shot himself and her during a firearms safety class.

The Bedford County Sheriff's Office tells media outlets that Michael L. Deel shot himself in the hand with a .45-caliber handgun. The bullet also struck his wife, Michelle, in the leg as she was sitting beside him.

The incident occurred Saturday during a firearms safety class at a residence. The instructor, Thomas Starke, told police he'd left the room and then heard a shot.

The Deels were taken to a local hospital where they were treated for non-life threatening injuries.

Michael Deel says the shooting was a "stupid accident."
"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent
http://www.outdoortrader.net
hunterfreakhd

Re: Couple shot while taking safety course

Postby yang on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:32 am

Read this earlier today. DOH! *facepalm*

Should've been loaded in the first place.
yang

Postby justaguy on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:57 am

This makes us look bad.
WWTNSTKBLD
(What Would The Navy SEALs That Killed Bin Laden Do)
justaguy

Postby chudrockz on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:19 am

yang wrote:Read this earlier today. DOH! *facepalm*

I think you meant "shouldn't have"! :) But yeah, that's extremely bad. If I accidentally shot myself through the hand and my wife in the leg, I think I'd probably throw up, have a heart attack, then (assuming I survived) become a monk or something.
chudrockz

Postby shadeslanding on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:46 am

justaguy wrote:This makes us look bad.

I disagree. It does not make me look bad. And it really does not make you look bad. There are stupid drivers in the world too. Every time there is an accident do you say "Gee that makes us look bad?" I doubt it.
========
Shade's Landing Inc. FirearmsAndLiberty.com ShadesLanding.com
Home of the ORIGINAL Multistate Carry Course for Minnesota offering multi-state carry courses since 09/2003.
Over 9,000 citizens trained to arms since 2003
========
shadeslanding

Postby grousemaster on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:48 am

shadeslanding wrote:

I disagree. It does not make me look bad. And it really does not make you look bad. There are stupid drivers in the world too. Every time there is an accident do you say "Gee that makes us look bad?" I doubt it.

He just won
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby cobb on Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:51 pm

shadeslanding wrote:

Gary, I have to correct you a bit because you maybe do not know justa.

If justa would have been involved, yes it does make him look bad, this is a proven fact for justa and his past practice and activities on this forum. This is an isolated incident that is associated with the improper handling and instruction involving a firearm. Justa can identify with this because of his incompetence that he has displayed numerous times on this forum and to others that know his brash habits associated with firearms.

So it probably does makes justa look bad, he confirms this with every post he makes on this forum. This is a proven fact based on posts that justa posts on MNGunTalk and cannot be considered a personal attact, just do a forum search.........
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby justaguy on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:07 pm

cobb wrote:If justa would have been involved, yes it does make him look bad, this is a proven fact for justa and his past practice and activities on this forum. This is an isolated incident that is associated with the improper handling and instruction involving a firearm. Justa can identify with this because of his incompetence that he has displayed numerous times on this forum and to others that know his brash habits associated with firearms.

So it probably does makes justa look bad, he confirms this with every post he makes on this forum. This is a proven fact based on posts that justa posts on MNGunTalk and cannot be considered a personal attact, just do a forum search.........

I hate to have to agree, but he has a point.
WWTNSTKBLD
justaguy

Postby Spike on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:05 pm

shadeslanding wrote:

Does the liberal press play it up as yet another death by these deadly assault vehicles which really should be banned? Yea, didn't think so.
Spike

Postby justaguy on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:13 pm

Spike wrote:
shadeslanding wrote:

Does the liberal press play it up as yet another death by these deadly assault vehicles which really should be banned? Yea, didn't think so.

What are you guys trying to say?
WWTNSTKBLD
justaguy

Postby GunClasses.Net on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:52 pm

The NRA has a great way to prevent this. NO AMMUNITION IN THE CLASSROOM! :D
See us for gun training and resources at http://gunclasses.net and http://mnconcealedcarry.com

We also recommend Krav Maga, by IKMF-certified instructors: http://www.kravmagampls.com
GunClasses.Net

Postby yang on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:53 am

chudrockz wrote:
yang wrote:Read this earlier today. DOH! *facepalm*

I think you meant "shouldn't have"! :) But yeah, that's extremely bad. If I accidentally shot myself through the hand and my wife in the leg, I think I'd probably throw up, have a heart attack, then (assuming I survived) become a monk or something.

Woops. Thanks for the correction. And yes, I was still in my "wow what?" double take moment.
yang

Postby shadeslanding on Wed May 02, 2012 11:19 pm

cobb wrote:
shadeslanding wrote:

Gary, I have to correct you a bit because you maybe do not know justa.

If justa would have been involved, yes it does make him look bad, this is a proven fact for justa and his past practice and activities on this forum. This is an isolated incident that is associated with the improper handling and instruction involving a firearm. Justa can identify with this because of his incompetence that he has displayed numerous times on this forum and to others that know his brash habits associated with firearms.

I stand corrected.
========
Shade's Landing Inc. FirearmsAndLiberty.com ShadesLanding.com
Home of the ORIGINAL Multistate Carry Course for Minnesota offering multi-state carry courses since 09/2003.
Over 9,000 citizens trained to arms since 2003
========
shadeslanding

Return to In The News