Obama plans to reclassify Semi-Auto firearms!

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby shadeslanding on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:40 am

Here is the Administrations' plan to ban semi-automatic firearms. Share this information!! The story is current and posted on Fox News as of 12-02-2012

http://video.foxnews.com/v/200526659900 ... =obnetwork
========
Shade's Landing Inc. FirearmsAndLiberty.com ShadesLanding.com
Home of the ORIGINAL Multistate Carry Course for Minnesota offering multi-state carry courses since 09/2003.
Over 9,000 citizens trained to arms since 2003
========
shadeslanding

Re: Obama plans to reclassify Semi-Auto firearms!

Postby Heffay on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:49 am

"According to confidential sources"

"Forces linked with the administration"

"Pay $200 fine for each firearm"

Yeah. Yeah. No.

Why do the nutcases always look the same?
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby photogpat on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:56 am

I like how the video cut-aways dwell on a bazooka and a compound bow...
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Heffay on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:56 am

Holy crap, he refers to Obama as "their boy in the White House"!

Get off our side, d-bag.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby MasonK on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:02 am

I like how how the B-Roll footage was of rocket launchers and compound bows. The stupid! It burns!

While this is probably not going to happen, it does shed light once again on abuse of executive privilege and sidestepping Congress. Not that Congress has has a wonderful track record of pawning off its responsibilities to federal agencies. It's a great strategy, though.
MasonK

Postby MasonK on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:07 am

Heffay wrote:Holy crap, he refers to Obama as "their boy in the White House"!

Get off our side, d-bag.

To be fair, Bush wa often referred to as Big Oil's boy in the White House. I wouldn't read too much into that.

Where did Fox find this nut job? The Alex Jones Show? They couldn't find a credible guest apparently.
MasonK

Postby Heffay on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:18 am

MasonK wrote:
Heffay wrote:Holy crap, he refers to Obama as "their boy in the White House"!

Get off our side, d-bag.

To be fair, Bush wa often referred to as Big Oil's boy in the White House. I wouldn't read too much into that.

Where did Fox find this nut job? The Alex Jones Show? They couldn't find a credible guest apparently.

He's the perfect kind of guest to throw out there so that the easily influenced will take his message and go running to gun forums across America to post how that boy in the white house is going to take their guns away.
Heffay

Postby Thunder71 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:26 am

Heffay wrote:He's the perfect kind of guest to throw out there so that the easily influenced will take his message and go running to gun forums across America to post how that boy in the white house is going to take their guns away.

You know he's not as much as anyone else knows he is... but he has stated himself that he has plans for more gun control, so it wouldn't surprise me if this is how he planned on going about it. He does have a history of shoving things down people's throats whether they want it or not (Obamacare, for example).
Last edited by Thunder71 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thunder71

Postby Heffay on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:29 am

Thunder71 wrote:but he has stated himself that he has plans for more gun control, so it wouldn't surprise me if this is how he planned on going about it.

I'm going to need a bit more evidence than what that guy has put forth. Who the hell is he? Some forum operator? He's a self-described "gun rights expert."
Heffay

Postby usnret on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:59 am

You haven't heard other groups (ie: NRA, Second Amendment Foundation) screaming about this yet either.
"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: Always cheat and
Always win."
GLOCK Certified Armorer
usnret

Postby Thunder71 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:02 am

People on forums find out first, then let those organizations know.

That's how it works.

Tapatalk - Helping people post from bathrooms since 2009.
Thunder71

Postby The Lance on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:17 am

When is Fox news ever a credible news source? We're talking about the same network that created a special about how the lunar landing was a hoax..
I'm not down with the republican party, or the democratic party. I represent the MI6
The Lance

Postby BBeckwith on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:25 am

Thunder71 wrote:People on forums find out first, then let those organizations know.

That's how it works.

Tapatalk - Helping people post from bathrooms since 2009.

You seriously believe that some schmuck on a message board is going to find out something like this before a few hundred Senators, Congressmen, Aides, Lobbyists and their lawyers?
The IQ of a mob is the IQ of its dumbest member, divided by the number of people in it.
BBeckwith

Postby fishdude on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:29 am

Heffay wrote:"Pay $200 fine for each firearm"

I think he is implying that all semi-autos would be added to the NFA weapon list(like SBRs and suppressors), requiring you to pay the $200 tax and fill out the BATFE forms to own them.
fishdude

Postby infidel on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:31 am

The Lance wrote:When is Fox news ever a credible news source? We're talking about the same network that created a special about how the lunar landing was a hoax..

FOX News or FOX Television Network?
“If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.” - John Ashley

Disclaimer: Do not assume from this post, that I either agree or disagree with any other issue brought up in this thread.
infidel

Next

Return to In The News