Newtown dad 'explains' 2A to politicians

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Newtown dad 'explains' 2A to politicians

Postby kevbey on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:09 pm

kevbey

Re: Newtown dad 'explains' 2A to politicians

Postby Snakeman721 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:40 pm

+1,000,000,000 Outstanding! :D
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby MXGreg on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:07 pm

Awsome! :flag:
MXGreg

Postby TommyMN on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:11 pm

I wanna buy him a beer.
TommyMN

Postby sprigfan on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:32 pm

Great speech overall. Could have done without the cliched "cold dead hands" and fist slam at the end though.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
sprigfan

Postby Shawski on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:14 pm

I saw this on fb and shared it.
Shawski

Postby xd ED on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:16 pm

sprigfan wrote:Great speech overall. Could have done without the cliched "cold dead hands" and fist slam at the end though.

Perhaps, but how would you feel relating the experience of nearly losing your daughter?
I'd say he kept it together quite well, considering.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby damian_mb on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:08 am

sprigfan wrote:Great speech overall. Could have done without the cliched "cold dead hands" and fist slam at the end though.

Wait so you don't agree with his passion that he put into his speech? Honestly the fist slam at the end meant, ENOUGH is enough! Cliche or not, it's a true statement.
"It can never happen in Amurika"
damian_mb

Postby Heffay on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:25 am

damian_mb wrote:

Wait so you don't agree with his passion that he put into his speech? Honestly the fist slam at the end meant, ENOUGH is enough! Cliche or not, it's a true statement.

That's probably what he meant it to look like. It's not what it actually looked like.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby antimatter on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:05 am

I agree with the passion, but what he said about legislation and the constitution was the equivalent of 'clip vs magazine'. At least he showed up in a suit & tie, though.
antimatter

Postby sprigfan on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:58 am

damian_mb wrote:

Hey I love the guy's passion, but in the eyes of the anti's, I think it comes off as the "crazy gun guy" pounding his fist on the table and saying you'll only get his gun from his cold dead hands. I just think it plays directly into the stereotypes. Not saying I disagree with his message at all, just one small part of his delivery.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
sprigfan

Postby damian_mb on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:05 pm

sprigfan wrote:
damian_mb wrote:

Hey I love the guy's passion, but in the eyes of the anti's, I think it comes off as the "crazy gun guy" pounding his fist on the table and saying you'll only get his gun from his cold dead hands. I just think it plays directly into the stereotypes. Not saying I disagree with his message at all, just one small part of his delivery.

True but anything we do in the anti's eyes, doesn't matter if it's in a good manner or as the video displayed we are all labeled as "gun nuts". Also, incase you have not heard gun owners are also labeled as being "racist" :roll:

Maybe he should of said this:

"The people will not understand the importance of the Second Amendment until it is too late."

-Thomas Jefferson
"It can never happen in Amurika"
damian_mb

Postby Heffay on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:08 pm

damian_mb wrote:True but anything we do in the anti's eyes, doesn't matter if it's in a good manner or as the video displayed we are all labeled as "gun nuts".

That is absolutely not true. It is very possible to advocate for gun rights without looking like a nut. This guy didn't do it, but that is not proof that it can't be done.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby LePetomane on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:26 pm

antimatter wrote:I agree with the passion, but what he said about legislation and the constitution was the equivalent of 'clip vs magazine'. At least he showed up in a suit & tie, though.

I'm sure our fashion consultant will like that.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby antimatter on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:45 pm

LePetomane wrote:
antimatter wrote:I agree with the passion, but what he said about legislation and the constitution was the equivalent of 'clip vs magazine'. At least he showed up in a suit & tie, though.

I'm sure our fashion consultant will like that.

Sorry. I was riffing on the Channel 11 thread. If you want to be treated like and oddball, dress like one. All others, wear a suit and tie. Sucks, but that's the way it is.
antimatter

Next

Return to In The News