yop, only cops.....

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: yop, only cops.....

Postby Paul on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:25 pm

Paul wrote:
Heffay wrote:He was a Navy officer, so I'm going to assume he's the good guy and just was hunting rogue cops. ;-)

Just saw that.... LOL... Got to be careful for those rogue soldiers, right farmerj?

He was also quoted as saying he would use his military training, marksmanship and demolitions experiences to take out his revenge. Damn cops!
Paul

Postby Rem700 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:41 pm

It also left officers extremely jittery. According to a senior law enforcement source, two people were wounded when officers in Torrance, California, opened fire on a blue pickup truck after it pulled up in front of a house where they were guarding a fellow officer Dorner had allegedly named as a target.

The truck -- which turned out to be a newspaper delivery vehicle -- resembled the truck Dorner is believed to be driving, the source said. Police also shot at another blue pickup in that city, but no one was injured in that incident, the source said.

Wouldnt want to own a blue pu in Ca
“The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.”
Thomas Jefferson

If your not behind our troops please stand infront of them.
Rem700

Postby 20mm on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:11 pm

Lets not rush to judgement! Perhaps this cop is justified in his actions and going after some corrupt LAPD members the only way he knows how. You guys need to watch some Steven Seagal movies. Seagal was a cop and has also stared in movies like Hard to Kill which cover subjects like this.

Last edited by 20mm on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

yop, only cops.....

Postby Special Projects on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:13 pm

Steven Seagal, really?
Special Projects

Postby Paul on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:14 pm

http://www.lawofficer.com/article/news/ ... lockdown-a

Looks like a Navy base is in lock down over concerns of this soldier on a killing spree.
Paul

yop, only cops.....

Postby Special Projects on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:16 pm

Perhaps undetected sarcasm? Must be, nobody with a thread of sense credits Seagal with more than a belt.
Special Projects

Postby 20mm on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:19 pm

Special Projects wrote:Steven Seagal, really?

Yeah he also has a movie where he is a U.S. Navy Sailor who is versed in unconventional and asymmetrical warfare. Took out a bunch of terrorists all by himself and saved a battle ship. I wouldn't ignore the similarities.
20mm

Postby John S. on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:32 pm

I blame the Guns, eeeeeerrrrrr Bush! Yeah that's it.......................... ;)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian
John S.

Postby Cavscout on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:27 pm

"Police also were on edge Thursday in Torrance, California, where Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck said LAPD officers guarding one of Dorner's alleged targets mistakenly opened fire on a blue pickup truck that resembled one Dorner is said to be driving.

The gunfire left two people wounded, Beck said. Torrance police also fired on another blue pickup, but no one was injured in that incident, according to a senior law enforcement source."

Anyone read this bit? That's pretty unacceptable. Citizens should be out carrying whatever they want to put down police forces wrongly engaging them. The way I see it, if you're randomly engaged by police, you have the right to kill every last one trying to kill you. Not saying you'll survive, but you have the right to try and leave as many of them on the ground as needed.

Not that it applies to the guy on the spree.
Cavscout

Postby tt3 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:28 pm

farmerj wrote:wow, you really are an arrogant cop too.

<snip>
Take your nose out of the air.

But that makes too much sense.

Mod note.......personal attack..stay on subject.

This gave me a good laugh, Paul is about the last person I'd think of as arrogant.
tt3

Postby farmerj on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:22 pm

appears this guy is more twisted than a rats nest of wire.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/21 ... -killing-3
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby Cavscout on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:44 pm

Target people, maybe one state's LE will be alert.

Target cops and you have the bigs guns out and police super alert and actively search in 4 states. And they even care enough to be lightin up innocent people.

Shows how much people are worth to cops in comparison...
Cavscout

Postby Paul on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:47 pm

One of the sites posted his recent Facebook entries regarding the first murders and what led up to it. Worth a read if you haven't yet. He went WAY off the deep end to say the least.
Paul

Postby Cavscout on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:49 pm

"We're asking our officers to be extraordinarily cautious just as we're asking the public to be extraordinarily cautious with this guy. He's already demonstrated he has a propensity for shooting innocent people," said LAPD Cmdr. Andrew Smith.

"Propensity for shooting innocent people" .... as does the LAPD apparently. But this is okay, just ignore it.
Cavscout

Postby farmerj on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:56 pm

tt3 wrote:
farmerj wrote:wow, you really are an arrogant cop too.

<snip>
Take your nose out of the air.

But that makes too much sense.

Mod note.......personal attack..stay on subject.

This gave me a good laugh, Paul is about the last person I'd think of as arrogant.

Has nothing to do with being arrogant.

It's gets real old real quick to constantly being called out for having an attitude towards cops.

My issue is not "cops" per say, but the legal system. Deal with child custody or domestic violence charges and you might begin to understand what I mean. Try having over 110 "calls for service" placed against you from an ex-wife with 90% of them claiming domestic assault in a 10 month period. Yes, they are documented.

Paul felt compelled enough to call me cop hater on that again. And it's ********. through and through and had nothing to do with this thread. I saw that as a personal attack. Call it whatever you want. It's how I felt about it. YOU cannot change that. Got a problem with it. Deal with it on your own. You have your feelings, I have mine. I will not deny mine nor will I minimize yours.

My statement, "Yop, only cops....." comes more from the comments made by the anti-gun crowd that only cops should have guns. only cops should have AR15 type firearms.

It's a stretch on Paul's part to extend that to me hating cops.

And I called him on it.

How can an EX-cop who was fired almost 5 years ago NOT have been on someones radar BEFORE today's events. Yet the gun will be the culprit.
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

PreviousNext

Return to In The News