Boy suspended for "throwing imaginary grenade" at school

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Boy suspended for "throwing imaginary grenade" at school

Postby floydster on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:47 pm

Our society has collapsed , our school teachings are horrible and you can thank this to all of our inbred politictions.

We are in for a world of hurt!! :twisted:

Smokeyloads
floydster

Postby redaudi on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:54 am

With the way things are going, if I ever have kids there is no way they are going to public school.
O.o derp
redaudi

Postby LePetomane on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:31 am

redaudi wrote:With the way things are going, if I ever have kids there is no way they are going to public school.

You may want to consider home schooling them. The private ones are not any better.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Dakotared on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:02 pm

If you can afford it pay for private school. I live in a somewhat small town and we have 2 of them and they are both way better than the public school system. The teachers actually teach, they get religion class, and they expect the parents to be involved!!

It is very sad that if we want our kids to get a good education we have to pay for the public schools with our taxes and then pay for the private school also.
Dakotared

Postby Sarge_44 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:57 pm

Classic argument "it's the schools fault"

*RELAX*
*Liberal Gun Owner*
Sarge_44

Postby Dante on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:27 pm

So you agree with the school's position?
Dante

Postby Sarge_44 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:22 pm

What position? All I say is people in general are quick to blame schools for everything. Try being a teacher once. It's a lot harder (and more expensive) then you think.
*Liberal Gun Owner*
Sarge_44

Postby Dante on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:17 am

Try to stay on topic.
Dante

Postby gearguy10 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:38 pm

Speaking as someone who may or may not have experience in this arena...when you see this type of thing go down with a kid, they are usually a huge PITA and the administration is grasping at straws to deal with them. It is rarely an isolated incident that happens to a model student. I've seen teachers and admin let a good kid walk out the door with a buck knife in their pocket because they are good students doing all the right things and forgot they had it on them after a weekend of hunting. I've also seen the same teachers and admin nail a kid to the wall over a nail clipper with a 1 inch blade on it because he'd been making everyone's lives miserable for months and they finally had something (albeit tenuous) they could use against them to get them out for a while. The kid may be cute, but he's probably been pointing fingers at people and saying "bang" during quiet time and someone finally had enough documentation to do something about it. Most admin are pretty savvy about due process, but data privacy keeps them from telling everyone the whole story.
"Do you think my mind is maturing late, or simply rotted early?" - Ogden Nash
gearguy10

Previous

Return to In The News