yop, only cops.....

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: yop, only cops.....

Postby redaudi on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:14 am

read the whole thing.

guy appears to be smart, he appears to know what he's doing, he appears to have valid complaints/grievances, and he appears to have gone completely unhinged in dealing with them.
O.o derp
redaudi

Postby 20mm on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:51 am

redaudi wrote:read the whole thing.

guy appears to be smart, he appears to know what he's doing, he appears to have valid complaints/grievances, and he appears to have gone completely unhinged in dealing with them.

The police also seem to have gone a bit unhinged with who they're shooting at and almost killed two innocent women.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18dxqaw ... iginal.jpg

tman wrote:
mrShinola wrote:For an anti he sure owns some heavy duty arms.

No, he CLAIMS to have some heavy duty arms. We will have to wait and see if he actually owns these, or if he was just performing some psyops.

What are these heavy duty arms exactly? Are we talking about Hi-Points and Taurus Judge revolvers? I should write my legislator and propose they ban these heavy duty arms in Minnesota. Only rouge police officers seem to use them when they're on the loose looking for revenge.
"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Postby damian_mb on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:02 pm

That picture above BEGS to be photoshoped with a caption on that womans face! :D :lol:
"It can never happen in Amurika"
damian_mb

Postby mrShinola on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:03 pm

What are these heavy duty arms exactly? Are we talking about Hi-Points and Taurus Judge revolvers? I should write my legislator and propose they ban these heavy duty arms in Minnesota. Only rouge police officers seem to use them when they're on the loose looking for revenge.

From the manifesto: "As you know I also own Barrett .50′s so your APC are defunct and futile."

His thoughts on ARs and 30 rnd magazines are interesting, too.

Psy ops are a possibility, good thought, T-man.
"Keep your booger hook off of the bang-bang switch"
mrShinola

Postby damian_mb on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:56 pm

Not trying to stir the rotten pot but….honestly….I think LAPD should arm themselves with scissors to defend themselves per DHS. When he reloads or tuns away, just charge at him with scissors. Obviously scissors will beat an gun out there. :D
"It can never happen in Amurika"
damian_mb

Postby jshuberg on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:40 pm

What was his deal about buying silencers via trust without going through a NICS check? He obviously doesn't know how the NFA process works. A trust eliminates fingerprint checks, CLEO signature and passport photo, but the grantor of the trust is still ran through a full background check, the same way he would have if he would have bought them via a corporation. At least some of the stuff he's frothing at the mouth about is just plain BS. It casts serious doubt on some of the other claims he's made.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby LePetomane on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:50 am

I was thinking the same thing. And it is interesting that some media sources refer to this guy in a better sense than they do for law abiding gun owners.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby coltpython123 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:00 pm

"He was a man pushed to far, now he must fight to reclaim his name"
Christopher Dorner is "BLACK RAMBO" comeing to a leftist media outlet near you.
coltpython123

Postby Kelor on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:42 pm

I like one of the comments regarding the second pickup truck that they shot up. Paraphrased: "I recommend that anyone driving a pickup would be wise to wear (banned) body armor"
Kelor

Postby tazdevil on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:00 pm

Whatever happened to the rule "Know your target"!! They knew the vehicle in question was a Gray Nissan Titan, Not a Blue Toyota Tacoma!! I could see a mistake if the Tacoma was Gray as well, even then, what if any warnings to stop were given before everyone started shooting?
1911 Fan quote in memoirium about carrying:
The purpose of a firearm in a defensive situation is to make the other guy leak from holes he was not born with. Your job is to install those orifices for him.
tazdevil

Location: over your shoulder, whispering sweet nothings in your ear.

Postby fuller malarkey on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:13 pm

The LA mayor just put up a million buck bounty on this guy. He's now a "domestic terrorist".

Some of their methods baffle me. They're looking for a 6'0 270 pound black man. At first opportunity, they shoot two Asian women.

I wonder what his experience is with explosives.
Last edited by fuller malarkey on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
fuller malarkey

yop, only cops.....

Postby illbits on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:19 pm

I think this guys has gone way underground and won't resurface until the dept. has expended tons of energy and resources trying to find him. When they let down their guard he will return just long enough to stir up the hornets nest, then he will again fade away in the same manner.
illbits

Postby xd ED on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:27 pm

fuller malarkey wrote:The LA mayor just put up a million buck bounty on this guy. He's now a "domestic terrorist".

Some of their methods baffle me. They're looking for a 6'0 270 pound black man. At first opportunity, they shoot two Asian women.

I wonder what his experience is with explosives.

Where did you hear that?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby xd ED on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:29 pm

illbits wrote:I think this guys has gone way underground and won't resurface until the dept. has expended tons of energy and resources trying to find him. When they let down their guard he will return just long enough to stir up the hornets nest, then he will again fade away in the same manner.

I agree.
I suspect the burned out truck was a red herring.

He's watching this on TV in South LA.
And the actions of the LAPD are only helping him with some who might otherwise be unsympathetic.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby fuller malarkey on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:33 pm

illbits wrote:I think this guys has gone way underground and won't resurface until the dept. has expended tons of energy trying to find him. When they let down their guard he will return just long enough to stir up the hornets nest, then he will again fade away in the same manner.

I agree. Their own stress will unravel them. In the mean time, he's becoming America's Ned Kelly, by what I find in my travels on the web.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/nedkelly.html
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
fuller malarkey

PreviousNext

Return to In The News