2 teens killed after allegedly breaking into home;

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Re: 2 teens killed after allegedly breaking into home;

Postby Hmac on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:18 pm

texasprowler wrote:
xd ED wrote:
How does one gain the right to kill someone?

"Has the right to use deadly force"???? Sound better?

The relevant statute in Minnesota:

609.065 JUSTIFIABLE TAKING OF LIFE.

The intentional taking of the life of another is not authorized by section 609.06, except when necessary in resisting or preventing an offense which the actor reasonably believes exposes the actor or another to great bodily harm or death, or preventing the commission of a felony in the actor's place of abode.
Hmac

Postby texasprowler on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:53 pm

BRSmith wrote: Pretty touchy subject around here.

Curious about that. Divided opinion or?
texasprowler

Re: 2 teens killed after allegedly breaking into home;

Postby ijosef on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:23 pm

FJ540 wrote:This is a text book example of what NOT to do.

This will not end well for him.

After rereading this thread and the new(er) updates about the case, this cannot be overstated. Definitely a case of what NOT to do.

xd ED wrote:
TommyMN wrote:They were worthless thieves. Either he had the right to kill them or he didn't. I don't care much after that.

How does one gain the right to kill someone?

Easy.
1. Join the British Secret Service
2. Complete the training and become a full agent with the double-aught designation
3. Receive License to Kill
ijosef

Postby TommyMN on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:03 pm

They were committing a felony. He had the right to defend himself up to taking the life of another. He did it wrong. Like I said thou. I don't care. A few more of these cases and you'll watch home break ins drop huge.
TommyMN

Postby BRSmith on Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:00 am

texasprowler wrote:
BRSmith wrote: Pretty touchy subject around here.

Curious about that. Divided opinion or?

Some people have the opinion that the 2 kids "got what they deserved" for breaking in. Others say he should have called the authorities when he heard the glas breaking and that the threat was removed after the first shot.
The pen may be stronger than the sword... but I'd rather have a sword in a dark alley. Andrew Warnick

Of course you can trust the Government......... It turned out well for the Indians didn't it?
BRSmith

Postby Dakotared on Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:46 pm

Has any one heard what happened with this case?
Dakotared

Postby mrp on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:00 pm

Dakotared wrote:Has any one heard what happened with this case?

It's moving right along...

http://brainerddispatch.com/news/crime/ ... indictment

Last I heard he was out on bail.
mrp

Postby minnhawk on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:19 pm

Meshbesher will undoubtedly make this case very interesting. If he can get his client's statements to the police in the basement of his house (and prior to the Miranda reading) thrown out, and if he can get the alleged recording of the event thrown out, this guy just might walk. Meshbesher will make this a national case, so buckle up for a wild ride once the trial begins.

Meshbesher is Minnesota's modern equivalent to the Lawyer Jaggers in Dickens' Great Expectations.

If a man was nearly guilty on the face of the evidence presented before the court, Jaggers was for him.
Eleven-Bravo, 1/4 INF, 3ID
minnhawk

Postby LePetomane on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:04 am

It should be an interesting case. The two little brats were white so the race hustlers won't be rearing their ugly heads. So it will be the Minnesota anti gun tree hugging granola eating maggot infested Birkenstock wearing nuts who will be raising a stink.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby xd ED on Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:36 am

LePetomane wrote:It should be an interesting case. The two little brats were white so the race hustlers won't be rearing their ugly heads. So it will be the Minnesota anti gun tree hugging granola eating maggot infested Birkenstock wearing nuts who will be raising a stink.

....the Minnesota anti gun tree hugging granola eating maggot infested Birkenstock wearing nuts...."

Would they be on the 'pro', or 'anti' side of human rights?
Your post is unclear to me.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:12 am

LePetomane wrote:It should be an interesting case. The two little brats were white so the race hustlers won't be rearing their ugly heads. So it will be the Minnesota anti gun tree hugging granola eating maggot infested Birkenstock wearing nuts who will be raising a stink.

Wow, someone has issues. You do know that no one is forcing you to live in this state right?
Holland&Holland

Postby LePetomane on Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:52 am

Holland&Holland wrote:

Wow, someone has issues. You do know that no one is forcing you to live in this state right?

What I am saying is that without race involved here, the attention will be focused on the evil guns. Whenever race is involved every other issue takes a back seat because the race hustlers are so good at intimidation tactics. So the nuts that I mentioned prior will have center stage. And these two little pop culture driven brats will be made into victims by the media.

And I don't have any issues except with condescending arrogant wise guys like you.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby photogpat on Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:28 am

Without the gun, the two may have only committed multiple felonies....again.....
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:05 pm

LePetomane wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

What I am saying is that without race involved here, the attention will be focused on the evil guns. Whenever race is involved every other issue takes a back seat because the race hustlers are so good at intimidation tactics. So the nuts that I mentioned prior will have center stage. And these two little pop culture driven brats will be made into victims by the media.

And I don't have any issues except with condescending arrogant wise guys like you.

Wow, that sounds an awful lot like a personal attack, are you unable to carry on discourse in a civil manner?
Holland&Holland

Postby LePetomane on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:05 am

"Wow, someone has issues". You don't consider that passive aggressive phrase a personal attack?
LePetomane

PreviousNext

Return to In The News