Zimmerman Self-Defense Trial off to Acceptable Start :)

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Zimmerman Self-Defense Trial off to Acceptable Start :)

Postby gunsmith on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:02 pm

mnmike59 wrote:@Gunsmith.
I do share your enthusiasm towards the verdict, but I think you're a little over the top.
It IS a tragedy that a person was killed, Nobody truly wins in a situation like this. As one of the well known Gun community forums, post like these don't reflect well on us.
Nothing personal, Just sayin.

Today's the victory party....this will be old news next week...If Zimmerman were to spend 20-30 years in jail the Anti's would be in-your-face about this and dancing on his grave....I do think the Prosecutors need to be slimed with their defeat.

We can close THIS thread anytime but I did start another more Cerebral thread...'Lessons learned from Zimmerman Trial'

I find it a sobering experience and see the need to raise my game so I don't wind up like Zimmy...I'm going back to the basics.

I've been carrying for 10 years and if you remember back to your first year of carrying a weapon everywhere...you were 'overthinking' some things....I'm 'Re-Thinking' things.

But it is fun to see the Antis whining...you know they'd be hootin and hollering if Zimmerman was convicted....I REALLY hope his life goes well after this. It would appear that the cruelest part of his experience is being branded a Racist.

This guy was actually an ALTAR BOY. and mentored young black kids...

Thanks for your thoughtful post.

Glad this is over. I did not expect a victory.

Here's a link to Massad Ayoub's blog...he's been silent because he was contacted to be an expert witness ...his commentary should be some of the best.
http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/
Last edited by gunsmith on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunsmith

Postby Heffay on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:03 pm

Dancing on graves is never a good thing to do.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby grousemaster on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:18 pm

Heffay wrote:
grousemaster wrote:How do you know the gun was illegal? How do you know he was a "thug"? What is a thug in your opinion?

Your people are making us look bad.

What do you mean?
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Zimmerman Self-Defense Trial off to Acceptable Start :)

Postby jshuberg on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:38 pm

He's a liberal. He believes people are entitled to any opinion they want to hold, and is tolerant of the opinions and differences of others, provided its one of the "approved" opinions that he deems is valid to hold. If you stray outside the bounds of one of the acceptable opinions, you are subject to scolding, reprimand, and are informed that you are making the rest of "us" look bad.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby MasonK on Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:49 pm

Homeontherange wrote:
MasonK wrote:It may be that the primary travesty of justice here was CBS's "reporting."
http://www.scribd.com/doc/89763383/Stat ... r-Immunity

I retract my earlier statement that this appears to be a travesty. After reading the Motion in Opposiion, this paints a very different picture. I am now firmly in the middle until I read the testimony of the witnesses, but I'll admit it doesn't look good for the defendant in my court of opinion.
MasonK

Postby SparkyJeff on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:46 pm

jshuberg wrote:He's a liberal. He believes people are entitled to any opinion they want to hold, and is tolerant of the opinions and differences of others, provided its one of the "approved" opinions that he deems is valid to hold. If you stray outside the bounds of one of the acceptable opinions, you are subject to scolding, reprimand, and are informed that you are making the rest of "us" look bad.

I don't believe he is 100% liberal.
A fight for liberty somewhere, is a fight for liberty everywhere.
SparkyJeff

Postby gman1868 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:11 pm

Isn't it lovely how all the local media are in unison in sharing stories about the "injustice", the "racism" of Zimmerman being found not guilty. It's all about the people protesting the verdict, complaining about the broken legal system, and how Zimmerman is the bad guy.

What about the facts? What about the injustice done to George Zimmerman? What about the right of a law abiding citizen to defend themselves from great bodily harm or death?

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, every one of the media corporations that run all our news channels are staunch progressives. They have their agenda to shove down our throats. They are in the hip pocket of the big government liberals who would take away our right in a heart beat if they thought they could get away with it.

I'll go back to ignoring the local media, they're just about worthless.
Living the Armed Lifestyle
gman1868

Postby tenmilmag on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:47 pm

Seriously can't watch the news myself. And for what it's worth it was them chronically disgruntled African Americans who wanted GZ tried in a court of law. Well, he was, by his peers and justly found innocent. Now leave the man alone.
tenmilmag

Postby gunsmith on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:23 pm

YES!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/ ... DT20130714

more on this later.......Yes! Way to go FatBoy.

Exclusive: Zimmerman wants to go to law school to help others like him - friends

(Reuters) - After his acquittal on murder charges for fatally shooting Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman may go to law school to help people wrongly accused of crimes like himself, close friends told Reuters on Sunday.

The 29-year old was found not guilty late Saturday for shooting the unarmed black teenager in a case that sparked a national debate on race and gun laws. One of his first calls was to defense witness John Donnelly and his wife Leanne Benjamin.

They got to know Zimmerman in 2004 when he and a black friend opened up an insurance office in a Florida building where Benjamin worked. They grew close and the couple spent time with him during the trial.

Over dinner with Zimmerman recently, Benjamin said he told them he would like to go to law school.

"I'd like to help other people like me," she quoted him as telling them.

Maybe his first client will be Al Sharpton when he's indited for being Full of Shizzle.
gunsmith

Postby jgalt on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:39 pm

gunsmith wrote:Exclusive: Zimmerman wants to go to law school to help others like him - friends

<snip>

Maybe his first client will be Al Sharpton when he's indited for being Full of Shizzle.

I don't think so - he wants to help those who are wrongfully accused... ;)
jgalt

Postby XDM45 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:19 am

Heffay wrote:Dancing on graves is never a good thing to do.

Yeah, it is. I can think of two people who are now dead that the world is better off for it..and I'm glad.

One, my wife's ex who was physically and mentally abusive to her for years. I'll spare the details, but offer up a couple of them. one time he grabbed her hand for picking up a pencil off of his desk and he broke her finger with a twist, so with the spiral break, she couldn't use her right index finger for years. Then there was the time he hid in the back seat of her car and put a knife to her throat, and the time he sat on the chest of an 8 year old daughter and attacked her. He ended up dying a slow, horrid death from lack of health and kidney failure...... and I have no shame in rejoicing in it. Some people need to die and I'm glad he did. Always will be too. Yup. the daughters know this.

the next a-hat that deserved to die and is now dead, was the father of the first grandkid. When one of the daughters was pregnant with the unborn first grandkid, the father tosses her down the strairs onto a concrete floor, beat her black and blue and bloody. both eyes were black. This all happened before I was with my wife. There were other abusive things he did, and shortly after my wife and I got together, his heart exploded in his chest from too much Meth and other drugs. He died instantly. No regrets there. both the grandkid, daughter, and the entire family is better off.

Yeah, I know what you mean Heffay, it's not good to speak ill of the dead, dance on their graves, but sometimes, there are exceptions to that rule. Sometimes, you gotta rejoice in the fact that another p.o.s. left the world before it could do any more damage than it did. Sometimes, people deserve to die.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:48 am

XDM45 wrote:

Yeah, it is. I can think of two people who are now dead that the world is better off for it..and I'm glad.

One, my wife's ex who was physically and mentally abusive to her for years. I'll spare the details, but offer up a couple of them. one time he grabbed her hand for picking up a pencil off of his desk and he broke her finger with a twist, so with the spiral break, she couldn't use her right index finger for years. Then there was the time he hid in the back seat of her car and put a knife to her throat, and the time he sat on the chest of an 8 year old daughter and attacked her. He ended up dying a slow, horrid death from lack of health and kidney failure...... and I have no shame in rejoicing in it. Some people need to die and I'm glad he did. Always will be too. Yup. the daughters know this.

the next a-hat that deserved to die and is now dead, was the father of the first grandkid. When one of the daughters was pregnant with the unborn first grandkid, the father tosses her down the strairs onto a concrete floor, beat her black and blue and bloody. both eyes were black. This all happened before I was with my wife. There were other abusive things he did, and shortly after my wife and I got together, his heart exploded in his chest from too much Meth and other drugs. He died instantly. No regrets there. both the grandkid, daughter, and the entire family is better off.

Yeah, I know what you mean Heffay, it's not good to speak ill of the dead, dance on their graves, but sometimes, there are exceptions to that rule. Sometimes, you gotta rejoice in the fact that another p.o.s. left the world before it could do any more damage than it did. Sometimes, people deserve to die.

I am confused, your wife's ex is your first grand kids dad and was Trayvon?
Holland&Holland

Postby grousemaster on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:29 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
XDM45 wrote:

I am confused, your wife's ex is your first grand kids dad and was Trayvon?

XDM45 is disgusts me with these comments, I can't believe he would come on here and speak of the dead that way...as if gold teeth and a little pot smoking is a capital offense. The jury made the right verdict, but classless dancing on graves really shows XDM45's character here.

He's trying to justify stupid comments now, sort of like the thread where he listed the range rules he thinks should be in place.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby Heffay on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:33 am

grousemaster wrote:XDM45 is disgusts me with these comments, I can't believe he would come on here and speak of the dead that way...as if gold teeth and a little pot smoking is a capital offense. The jury made the right verdict, but classless dancing on graves really shows XDM45's character here.

He's trying to justify stupid comments now, sort of like the thread where he listed the range rules he thinks should be in place.

I like having XDM45 and gunsmith around. I can go and kick puppies all day long and still not be the most hated person on the forum. They've really lowered the bar on what it means to be a member of the MGT community, and for that, I thank them!

BRB, kicking puppies.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby Geezer43 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:21 am

Heffay wrote: I like having XDM45 and gunsmith around. I can go and kick puppies all day long and still not be the most hated person on the forum. They've really lowered the bar on what it means to be a member of the MGT community, ........!

I disagree with the later part of your assessment, but I also like having XDM45 and gunsmith around -- for different reasons.
"Thank God for guns, huh Jerry?" -- William Shatner on Boston Legal
"I'm a Politician, which means that I'm a cheat and a liar. When I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing their lollipops." -- Red October
Geezer43

PreviousNext

Return to In The News