Gun in a federal building? No big deal....for some

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Gun in a federal building? No big deal....for some

Postby minnhawk on Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:44 am

Seems like we aren't all treated equal under the eyes of the law

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... ing-let-w/
Eleven-Bravo, 1/4 INF, 3ID
minnhawk

Re: Gun in a federal building? No big deal....for some

Postby Viking343 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:34 pm

Typical liberal hypocrite behavior. What's ok for them isn't always ok for others....

Sent from my "smart" phone, so expect random assaults from auto correct.
Viking343

Postby onebohemian on Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:37 pm

Not knowing the facts but just assuming the aide forgot the gun was in her purse, I think the result here is exactly what we ought to hope for. The conservative blogger and we would be better off applauding the reasonableness applied by the marshalls instead of harping about some double standard. I want precendents like this to refer to when other gun owners make similar innocent mistakes. How would it help the cause if the aide had been criminally charged and fired? So you couldn't have called a liberal a hypocrite, but seeing the full force of law applied to this aide in Detroit would have made you feel better???????? :|
Mark

"Edited to remove prohibited content."(2009).

"It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it." (In honor of 'Goalie,' 2013).
onebohemian

Postby george on Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:55 pm

I don't like to post much BUT I'll bet $5 with anyone it's a race thing!!!! NEED PHOTO!!!
and PM me your add. where to send the five bucks, I'll bet she is NOT a cracker.
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Postby Back In Black on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:41 am

If I get caught attempting to enter the parking lot with a firearm at the Federal facility where I work, it's 45 days off without pay for the first offense. No questions, no exceptions. A while back a guy had a shotgun shell on the passenger seat of his truck. Gate guard saw it....two weeks off no pay. Innocent mistake just like the one supposedly depicted in the subject of this thread with very different consequences. Selective enforcement?
Keith
Back In Black

Postby ex-LT on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:01 am

Back In Black wrote:If I get caught attempting to enter the parking lot with a firearm at the Federal facility where I work, it's 45 days off without pay for the first offense. No questions, no exceptions. A while back a guy had a shotgun shell on the passenger seat of his truck. Gate guard saw it....two weeks off no pay. Innocent mistake just like the one supposedly depicted in the subject of this thread with very different consequences. Selective enforcement?

Do either of you work for a high profile congressman?
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby captnviper on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:55 pm

ex-LT wrote:
Back In Black wrote:If I get caught attempting to enter the parking lot with a firearm at the Federal facility where I work, it's 45 days off without pay for the first offense. No questions, no exceptions. A while back a guy had a shotgun shell on the passenger seat of his truck. Gate guard saw it....two weeks off no pay. Innocent mistake just like the one supposedly depicted in the subject of this thread with very different consequences. Selective enforcement?

So the elite are not bound by the same laws as the subjects?
"It's better to have a gun and need it then not have one and not need it" Ricky.
captnviper

Postby Ironbear on Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:19 pm

captnviper wrote:
ex-LT wrote:

So the elite are not bound by the same laws as the subjects?

I see you chose the red pill...
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby MasonK on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:45 am

Ironbear wrote:I see you chose the red pill...

//Win.
MasonK

Return to In The News