Very disturbing shooting and video of the alleged shooter

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Very disturbing shooting and video of the alleged shooter

Postby cobb on Mon May 26, 2014 7:12 am

Bearcatrp wrote:One of these days, people will figure out guns don't kill people. People kill people. If guns aren't available, the sick and twisted will use something else.

No the won't, other countries have proven this.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby Rodentman on Mon May 26, 2014 7:14 am

If you find any virgins of the female species of woman, I will hire them as interns. Bill Clintoon has asked for a few as well.
Rodentman

Postby MXGreg on Mon May 26, 2014 6:41 pm

Rodentman wrote:This morning I saw in interview with the father of a slain boy who said that no one should be allowed to own 3 handguns. He might have prefixed "handguns" with "Semi-automatic" I don't recall that.

I'm guessing he would have only one handgun if it wasn't for Cali's "bullet button" for the mag release. The "bullet button" makes it too difficult to change mags while driving wildly and hitting bicyclists. Easier to just toss the empty gun onto the passenger seat and grab the next gun.
Last edited by MXGreg on Mon May 26, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MXGreg

Postby Nat on Tue May 27, 2014 7:13 am

MXGreg wrote:I'm guessing he would have only one handgun if it wasn't for Cali's "bullet button" for the mag release. The "bullet button" makes it too difficult to change mags while driving wildly and hitting bicyclists. Easier to just toss the empty gun onto the passenger seat and grab the next gun.

I don't think the bullet button applies to handguns... only long arms. not a cali law expert though, and some of the cali compliant AR stocks have been damn near sculptural. Maybe the cali law is some back channel arts funding?
Secrets are the opposite of Freedoms
Nat

Postby MXGreg on Tue May 27, 2014 9:58 am

Nat wrote:
MXGreg wrote:I'm guessing he would have only one handgun if it wasn't for Cali's "bullet button" for the mag release. The "bullet button" makes it too difficult to change mags while driving wildly and hitting bicyclists. Easier to just toss the empty gun onto the passenger seat and grab the next gun.

I don't think the bullet button applies to handguns... only long arms. not a cali law expert though, and some of the cali compliant AR stocks have been damn near sculptural. Maybe the cali law is some back channel arts funding?

Looks like you are right. Guess I should have used Google first. I was under the (incorrect) assumption that it applied to all semi-auto guns with a detachable mag. Then again, give them time.
MXGreg

Previous

Return to In The News