Obama: Time to review local police militarization

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Obama: Time to review local police militarization

Postby Sorcerer on Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:25 am

Why hasn't any one called out where that personal / radio carryer is parked? Hint blue lines, thing on wall? Come on where's the out rage? They must be special. :shock:
Sorcerer

Postby george on Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:12 am

Sorcerer wrote:Why hasn't any one called out where that personal / radio carryer is parked? Hint blue lines, thing on wall? Come on where's the out rage? They must be special. :shock:

I think I see the permit on the mirror but you really have to SQUINT...
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Postby Lumpy on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:25 pm

Sorcerer wrote:Why hasn't any one called out where that personal / radio carryer is parked? Hint blue lines, thing on wall? Come on where's the out rage? They must be special. :shock:

It's clearly marked "Macomb County" which is in Michigan, matching the state logo. I would presume that's it's parked in a semi-enclosed parking lot at the Sheriff's dept.
Lumpy

Postby hunterfreakhd on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:47 pm

I'd park it where ever the hell i wanted too if that's what i drove. Lol
"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent
http://www.outdoortrader.net
hunterfreakhd

Postby Bearcatrp on Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:21 pm

http://www.govexec.com/federal-news/fed ... c_today_nl
Read # 10. Think this crosses the line.
Bearcatrp

Obama: Time to review local police militarization

Postby jshuberg on Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:09 pm

That's actually one of the few I think is reasonable. In case of riots, CS gas grenades can be launched from a safer distance. Is can also be used to launch CS through windows to force a bunkered in bad guy to leave.

If cops were to use fragmentation grenades, I'd be the first to consider that an act of war against the American people. Non-lethal munitions, used to shutdown an already violent situation are entirely appropriate. There is an unfortunate trend where cops go on the *offense* and initiate violence, which I consider to be illegal, but that doesn't change the fact that there are justifiable uses for grenade launchers by law enforcement.

I also believe anything the cops can poses, everyone can poses. They are civilians, just like the rest of us, and rights shouldn't be recognized based on who a persons employer is.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Previous

Return to In The News