2 New York cops shot in ‘execution style’ ambush

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: 2 New York cops shot in ‘execution style’ ambush

Postby Spartan on Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:03 pm

This is unbelievable ..... Yes We can! in translation is : WE USED TO BE A GREAT NATION AND NOW WE ASPIRE TO INFIGHTING AND MEDIOCRITY .
Spartan

Postby cobb on Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:55 pm

Spartan wrote:This is unbelievable ..... Yes We can! in translation is : WE USED TO BE A GREAT NATION AND NOW WE ASPIRE TO INFIGHTING AND MEDIOCRITY .

May I add that this is brought on by the current political mentality.
I would like to blame it all on our current president and his administration, although much of the current climate is their fault, it is not all on their shoulders.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby Grayskies on Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:44 pm

I am sorry, I hate the headline 'Execution Style', the killer most likely walked up to the car while they were eating and shot the cops. I guess it would haven been worse if he used ballerina style or cowardly lion style maybe?

Personally if someone were to take a shot at me I would prefer they used Wile E Coyote Style!
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby cobb on Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:15 pm

Grayskies wrote:I am sorry, I hate the headline 'Execution Style', the killer most likely walked up to the car while they were eating and shot the cops. I guess it would haven been worse if he used ballerina style or cowardly lion style maybe?

Personally if someone were to take a shot at me I would prefer they used Wile E Coyote Style!

So what do you believe fueled this?
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby Grayskies on Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:01 am

cobb wrote:
Grayskies wrote:I am sorry, I hate the headline 'Execution Style', the killer most likely walked up to the car while they were eating and shot the cops. I guess it would haven been worse if he used ballerina style or cowardly lion style maybe?

So what do you believe fueled this?

Same stuff you all think, just think naming this a style doesn't help. Does the supposed style that he did it in change the outcome any? That two cops are dead?

Perhaps I might be concearned that with the race baiters winding up their base, and the cops being uber mad at the mayor, and media outlets going for ratings... we do not need more riots.

I think people should try and calm down some.

(note: demonstrating absurdity by being absurd.)
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby 20mm on Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:59 am

Oh no, two police officers get killed in New York! Why should I care?

At least they were armed and had a chance of defending themselves.

"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Postby 2in2out on Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:30 am

20mm wrote:Oh no, two police officers get killed in New York! Why should I care?

It was premeditated and in cold blood. The ease with which copy cats can learn how to make their own mayhem these days means this is the kind of example we don't want anyone to provide anywhere. It sickens me to think that there are evil people in this country who believe that murder is a form of protest.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby 20mm on Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:26 am

2in2out wrote:
20mm wrote:Oh no, two police officers get killed in New York! Why should I care?

It was premeditated and in cold blood. The ease with which copy cats can learn how to make their own mayhem these days means this is the kind of example we don't want anyone to provide anywhere. It sickens me to think that there are evil people in this country who believe that murder is a form of protest.

The killer believed it was a form of payback. Like the people who strap on a vest of explosives, or hijack a plane and crash it. People sacrificing or dying to exact retribution or revenge is not a new thing.
"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Previous

Return to In The News