Permit Holder Protects Wife and Self from Armed Attacker

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Permit Holder Protects Wife and Self from Armed Attacker

Postby northerner1 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:05 pm

http://www.startribune.com/married-form ... 311448431/

Former CNN Headline News anchor Lynne Russell and husband Chuck de Caro, also a former CNN reporter, were involved in a fatal shootout at a motel in Albuquerque, New Mexico on Tuesday.

After grabbing her husband's briefcase, the man [the armed intruder] started shooting at de Caro [the man who protected himself and his wife]. Russell ducked behind the furniture and de Caro fired back, hitting the man. The robber was killed and de Caro was wounded.

"It was a gun battle, and Chuck was bleeding heavily, but he didn't stop firing because the man was firing on him," Russell told the New York Post.

De Caro took three bullets, two to the abdomen and one to the leg, but avoided any fatal injuries.
northerner1

Re: Permit Holder Protects Wife and Self from Armed Attacker

Postby Vlad on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:10 pm

WOW, I wonder how CNN will cover the story being it is two of their own folks... :cogitating:
http://www.Schleifleather.com For custom holsters that fit you and the gun, not to mention show off those Strad grips...

The cost of liberty is less than the price of repression."

--W.E.B. Du Bois,
American scholar and civil rights leader
Vlad

Re: Permit Holder Protects Wife and Self from Armed Attacker

Postby Ghost on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:15 pm

Vlad wrote:WOW, I wonder how CNN will cover the story being it is two of their own folks... :cogitating:

I'm gonna guess mention it and then let it fade away.
Ghost

Return to In The News