Gun Confiscation

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Gun Confiscation

Postby harryset on Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:18 pm

stercus accidit
It's not the LAWS you necessarily have to worry about, it's how the laws are regulated.

Send Me
harryset

Re: Gun Confiscation

Postby Nougat on Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:44 pm

never heard anything about what ended up really going on in Connecticut :)

what other propery is seized?
Nougat

Postby 2in2out on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:20 pm

I thought the POTUS promised us that nobody is going to take our guns... :badmood:
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby harryset on Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:03 am

Nougat wrote:never heard anything about what ended up really going on in Connecticut :)

what other propery is seized?

Forgot about Connecticut, didn't California already have some of this happening??
stercus accidit
It's not the LAWS you necessarily have to worry about, it's how the laws are regulated.

Send Me
harryset

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:28 pm

Does Minnesota have anything in fine print that allows them to come in and remove guns?
Bearcatrp

Postby LarryFlew on Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:59 pm

2in2out wrote:I thought the POTUS promised us that nobody is going to take our guns... :badmood:

One of many................. :exactly: :deadhorse: :bolt:
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby BigBlue on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:15 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Does Minnesota have anything in fine print that allows them to come in and remove guns?

Some of that type of crap was proposed as legislation during last year's MN session but good folks at GOCRA and MNGOPAC (and others) kept it out.
BigBlue

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:08 pm

2in2out wrote:I thought the POTUS promised us that nobody is going to take our guns... :badmood:

No, he stated no one would take your health plan. I think he stated that he did need our guns for his fast and furious program.
Holland&Holland

Postby Lumpy on Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:25 pm

harryset wrote:Forgot about Connecticut, didn't California already have some of this happening??
IIRC, what was happening was that they stepped up the confiscation of gun from people who couldn't legally own them after neglecting the issue for some time.
Lumpy

Postby harryset on Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:09 pm

Lumpy wrote:
harryset wrote:Forgot about Connecticut, didn't California already have some of this happening??
IIRC, what was happening was that they stepped up the confiscation of gun from people who couldn't legally own them after neglecting the issue for some time.

Seems like it was something like: If your wife, or someone in the home was being treated for some sort of mental problems, they were going into the homes and taking guns from the home, even though they weren't hers.
stercus accidit

Send Me
harryset

Postby Nougat on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:14 am

California?
wasn't it your neighbors could say they saw you come in late, yelled or something else scary that made you a risk then they take 'em and you have some odd chance of proving you should get them back?
Nougat

Postby Lumpy on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:01 pm

harryset wrote:
Lumpy wrote:

Seems like it was something like: If your wife, or someone in the home was being treated for some sort of mental problems, they were going into the homes and taking guns from the home, even though they weren't hers.

Here's what I was thinking of: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/go ... ples-guns/

And here's what you were thinking of, which was news to me: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... -law-goin/
Lumpy

Postby Rem700 on Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:53 pm

“The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.”
Thomas Jefferson

If your not behind our troops please stand infront of them.
Rem700

Postby Ghost on Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:02 pm

Rem700 wrote:Anyone else hear anything?

http://abcnews.com.co/obama-signs-execu ... hree-guns/

Fake site .co not .com
Ghost

Postby Rem700 on Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:18 pm

Thank you
“The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.”
Thomas Jefferson

If your not behind our troops please stand infront of them.
Rem700

Return to In The News